This week I love...

Yet another week has flown by and here we are. It's Friday and this is my weekly collection of things I love love love. It seems like Spring is finally here and the days have definitely been getting lighter, there's more of the sunshine we all love and hopefully the snow will start melting as well. Hope it'll start soon as it'll take a while. :)

This week is all about looking forward and planning ahead...

1. Let me introduce my summer project - A cabinet with glass doors and sides. What's brought this on? Well, a while back I saw an amazing cabinet that had been built from old windows. And yesterday as we went to the recycling centre (Kierrätyskeskus) I saw six old cabinet doors that were the perfect size for this project so I decided to buy them and then in the summer I just need to sand them down and paint them. Oh, and obviously they need to be built into a cabinet. :) 
I couldn't find the original picture so tried to look for a similar picture and came up with these two. The one above is the kind of size I'm thinking of and it's also the right kind of model but the one below has the feeling I'm looking for. And it looks like it has been built from old windows. 
I'm also undecided on the colour - white or black? Also, should I use all six doors and make it glass all over (so I could use it as a room divider in a future home) or make it with a wooden background that I could cover with a gorgeous wallpaper or a mirror. So, many things I need to decide. Then again, I have plenty of time as this project won't start until in the summer when we go to the summer cottage where I can sand, paint and build.  



2. I also visited Ikea this week. I went to find some Easter inspiration but found some beautiful sheets instead. They had lots of new prints from checks and roses to oriental paisley. I was a bit surprised myself at the choice of paisley over check but they just looked so inviting so I got them and now I love them. Oh, and hardly any Easter inspiration. Just plants. A little disappointed...  




3. Not to worry though. The new Maalaisunelma magazine came today and had lots of Easter tips from flowers to table settings. I love the natural colour feathers and eggs they've used on the table and the big jar of daffodils is just gorgeous. I'm already looking forward to Easter as that's when spring really starts, at least for me. I've already bought some styrofoam eggs (and a bunny!!) that I'll cover with decoupage glue and some beautiful napkins. And don't forget my bunny collection. I have five now. I think I need a few more to actually call it a collection though. Well, I still have a few more weeks to keep collecting...








































4. Vaaleanpunaisessa hirsitalossa is an amazing blog that I have just come across. How is it possible that I've only found this now?! I don't know but I'm really glad that I finally did. The pictures are stunning and it's really inspiring! It's just been added as one of the blogs of Divaani magazine (which is how I came across it) and will no doubt have a couple more readers by now...

5. Yesterday my mum reminded me that the following weekend we'd be going to an Antique fair in Helsinki. It's actually a fair combining antiques, art and collecting. I don't think I've been there before. I went to Lohja last year but I'm guessing this'll be better. I'm keeping my eye out for candle sticks, silver trays and hopefully there'll be some jewellery as well.
Antiikki- ja taidemessut 17.-18.3. at Wanha Satama, Helsinki.

That's all for this week. I hope you'll have a beautiful weekend! I know that Finland is expected to enjoy some sunshine and hopefully some plus degrees as well so enjoy and relax!!

Comments

  1. I love the flowers in the jar. Great tips!
    Thank you :)

    Have a lovely weekend
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts