This week I love...

Hello everyone! It's Friday. Yet another four day week (thank you, Labour Day) is behind us and it's time to kick off your shoes and think about how to best spend your time this weekend.

I will be spending my Saturday slaving away at our summer cottage. Well, maybe not exactly slaving away but this'll be the weekend when we empty out the cottage of all the stuff that has been stored in there over the winter, clean it all up and set everything up for summer, it'll be more work than relaxation. But on Sunday I am definitely going to sleep late and just stay at home and hopefully enjoy the sunny weather. It is going to be sunny, right?!

This week's lovely things will offer you something to do if you're short of ideas...

1. Make a note onto your calendars, ladies. Pia, the lady who used to run Sisustajan Taivas, is going to do her famous market on Sat 12 May 10-14.00 (note the earlier time this year!). There'll be bloggers selling their unwanted decorating stuff and furniture, a MAZU jewellery showroom, antique dealer Martti will also be there with his old treasures and you can obviously buy things from Pia's store including her linen collection and fab glasses in all the colours of the rainbow. I definitely want a pair.

Those of you who don't live down south but wish to get your hands on some amazing finds can participate this year over the Internet. She is hosting a blog market this Sunday starting at 20.00. You can take part via e-mail or by signing into Blogger.

2. Pelargonias always remind me of my grandmother and of the summer. She had the same pelargonias for years that would be brought out in the spring and put away in the autumn. The popularity of the romantic decorating trend has brought them back into fashion and it's not just grandmothers who have them anymore.

If, or should I say when, you buy one make sure you give it plenty of water, fertilizer and light. And remember to pick out dead leaves and flowers to prevent diseases. When taken care of properly it'll keep making flowers all the way into the autumn.


Is this your summer flower too or is there another one that can be found on your balcony or garden? I'd love to know what you have in your homes.


 3. Have you watched Blogistania on TV? It's a programme that features ten women who have one thing in common - they all write a blog. Every week a different blog and blogger is shown and in addition to learning about the blog you also get to take a look at their homes, work spaces and inspirational places. Some of the blogs and bloggers include "Helsinki's most fashionable woman" Fiona Timantti (Heli Karhunen), food blogger Jonna Vormala and an interior blogger Jonna Hietala.

When I first heard about this programme I was really excited. I thought that it would definitely be a programme for me. However, over the weeks I have found myself a little disappointed at the blogs featured in the programme. I understand that they want to show variety and have a different theme each week but after seeing hats made out of old socks I can't bring myself to get very excited about it. Is anyone else feeling the same?!

The only inspirational thing I've seen so far was a lady who writes a sewing and crafts blog and had got a book deal out of it. It proves that writing a blog, for example one like this, can really lead to something bigger and that's something I'm definitely interested in pursuing. Let's hope that what's still to come is going to be better than what I've seen...


4. This week's inspiring home is not really a home but just a fabulous kitchen. I got the picture from Pinterest (I still can't get enough of it) and managed to find out that the kitchen is from a portfolio of couple who are both photographers Minh + Wass.

I've seen chalkboard paint used for many different purposes but never on such a big scale. I think it's also the combination of the black paint and brown wood that makes it even more interesting.

And I absolutely love it!





5. And the last thing on the menu is a little news flash. Moko Market, the amazing store in Helsinki, has finally launched online shopping. YAY! Now we can all enjoy their great selection of goodies, even if not all of us live near Helsinki.

My favourites are these gorgeous bracelets with Bliss and Blessings or Carpe Diem written on them. They come in black, white, pink and summer's trendiest colour, mint and are by a company called Avoca.

You can start shopping right now in HERE.

Comments

Popular Posts