TGIF - Thank god it's Friday

Phew! What a week it's been. You can definitely tell that people are starting to find ways to move on after the corona and work has been buuuuusy. Despite the busy and often grueling days, it's something that I thoroughly enjoy and at times like these having a job, let alone having one that you actually love, is not something to be taken for granted. What kind of a situation are you in? Do you have a job? If yes, do you love your job? If no, would you like to find a job? I thought that I'd dedicate this Friday to BUSINESS TALK. During the corona crisis we all have been spending more time at home. I took this time and worked on my LinkedIn profile, pinned useful interview questions etc. Not because I want to change jobs right now but because I wanted to be ready for when I encounter my dream job. Read on and you'll find out where and what that is...

1. Put yourself out there...
The best way to market yourself - your skills, strengths and abilities is to have a LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn is kind of like a virtual resume. Get connected with the right people and who knows what could happen... If you haven't got one yet, now is the time to make one. And even if you already have one, make sure it's up to date and looking its best.


2. Have a plan...
Write down what you want! I can't stress this enough. It's so important to sit down and think about what you want and how to get there. Whether it's progressing in your current workplace, looking for a new opportunity or starting to study something, write it down and make a plan for yourself.

Image: Pinterest

3. Update your CV...
...and while your at it, make it something that people will remember. The look of the resume varies from country to country but I think you can never go wrong with a professional, personal and memorable CV. I've pinned lots of different looking resumes but this one is definitely one of the best. Imagine this in a pile of CVs. It'll definitely stand out and get the recruiter interested in you. And isn't that exactly what you want?

Image: Resumeangels

4. Know your weaknesses...
When you're asked about what you're good at, it's quite easy to answer. How about when you're questioned about your development areas? Do you know what you should work on? It's really important to be aware of the areas where you can improve and even more important to actually do something about it. For example, I find it difficult to give feedback to people (especially when it's something constructive) so I've challenged myself to do that more. It can be just small things but I need to do it weekly. This way I'm improving my own area of development but also helping that other person with theirs. What could you do to improve yourself?

Image: All images Pinterest

5. Have a dream...
I'm pretty sure that everyone has a dream job, right?! Something that you would love to do, day in, day out. What are you currently doing to get that job? Nothing, something, everything? My dream job is to work in a H&M Home concept store as a visual merchandiser (okay, visual manager). There isn't one in Finland (yet) but I'm hoping that there soon will be. AND when that day comes I'm going to be prepared to get that dream job.

Image: LinkedIn
H&M Home concept store in Amsterdam that opened 4 June, 2020.

Comments

Popular Posts