This week I love...

Friday... It's raining. It's dark and miserable outside so I've got candles dotted around the house. How beautiful does it look after the bright summer nights to finally have some candle light. I do love it when seasons change.
Autumn is definitely in the air. Even though I really hope that next week will still be sunny - I'm on holiday, that's why. :) The weather forecast doesn't promise much though. Some sun but also some rain so we'll see...

Let's have a look at this week's interesting and inspiring finds and ideas.

1. First a bit of news from my own home... I've changed the order in my bedroom... again. Ha hah! I clearly can't go very long without feeling the need for some change. And so I came home from the summer cottage last weekend and got to work.

The desk went back to where it was but I changed the bed to a completely new position under the window. Now it's got space on both sides, so I put the two chairs I have on each side to act as night stands. Here's a before - after shot. What do you think?


 BEFORE


AFTER

2. As autumn time is approaching and with it chilly evenings I think most of us find ourselves looking at new cushion covers, soft blankets and other textiles to warm up the mood in the house. I know I do. I always have so many cushions on the sofa that you can barely fit in there to sit down. But I think they make the sofa look more appealing - soft, comfortable and relaxing.

I recently bought new cushion covers for the sofa from Ikea. They're black and white and feel kind of velvety. I love them. Now if only I could find an equally nice blanket to have on the sofa...

Here's some beautiful combos of cushions and blankets that I've found on Pinterest. This is what I'm talking about!




3. I have come across a new and most definitely wonderful shop. And the best part, it's on the Internet so you can all check it out. I saw it on the latest issue of Maalaisunelma that I got yesterday. They did a story on how to decorate your home office and all the products that I loved were from this shop. Have you heard of it before?!

It's called Moltaz design and it's amazing! In their selection you can find cute posters and cards, beautiful cushion covers, washi tape and other office supplies and lots of other stuff. I will definitely be ordering bits and pieces from there. The cards and posters are my absolute favourite. And with worldwide delivery within 2-3 days ordering is quick and easy.

I recommend that you go and have a look right now. Well, maybe after you finish reading my blog. :) Click here to get there.


4. I love, love, love jewellery! As you might already know, I make jewellery. Mostly bracelets but I have been known to make necklaces and earrings as well. Whatever my family and friend order. :)

I also love vintage jewellery and often buy it from markets and antique fairs. I have quite a nice selection. Not necessarily an expensive collection but a beautiful one. My weakness is definitely brooches. I have several but I don't wear them very often. I must remember to pin one on my coat this autumn.

However, my new obsession is stacking bracelets. The more the merrier! I use the ones I've made mixed with some shop bought ones and just pick a colour each day and put together a selection based on that. Today I had white, pearls and silver on, at the wedding last weekend different pastels.

Here's some cool stacks that I have on my jewellery board on Pinterest.


5. There's an amazing event coming up at the end of this month... Loviisan Wanhat Talot 25.-26.8. It's in Loviisa (obviously) and opens up the doors of amazing houses and gardens for the public to go and be given a change to have a look inside. The houses are in different stages - some being renovated, some already done up so you get to see the building side of it as well.

In addition to the houses and gardens there are antiques and collectables, flea markets and countless little pop up flea markets around the area. It's one of the biggest events and last year almost 14,000 people went there.

Put this in your calendars and diaries now. You can find more info on their website here.

That's it. Time to go to bed. Enjoy your weekend!!! And let's hope that it'll be sunny.








 


Comments

  1. Hi! Just found your lovely blog and have enjoyed reading it! :) The event in Loviisa seems really interesting - I have always wished to look inside other homes and see how these are decorated and so on... Maybe I should plan my visit to Finland on these dates. But a quick question - do you know if taking photos is also allowed during these visits to houses? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anu! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the blog. As the houses in Loviisa are privately owned, I believe that it's at the owners permission so you can take pictures in some but not in others. It depends. That's all I can say, really. But I'm sure it's going to be a fab event so would recommend a visit. :)

    Kiitos, Jenna!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts