This week I love...

This week has flown by. I've spent the week looking at all the changes the autumn brings to the nature around us. The trees are starting to turn their leaves into the fabulous array of colours from yellow to bright red. I love the trees in the autumn! Definitely one of my favourite things.

There has been some misty mornings, a bit of rain but also some beautiful and surprisingly warm days. A lovely start to the autumn, I think.

Let's get cracking then as there's lots of lovely things on the list this week...

1. As I'm sure you know, I rather love H&M Home. Everyone else (the other bloggers, that is) are raving on about Tine K, Ferm Living, House Doctor etc. but as I haven't really been able to afford Tine K & co. I've had to make do with cheaper labels and a bit of an innovative mind.

I was looking at the new autumn products and saw these lovelies in there. The horse pillow is especially nice and looks a lot like the more expensive By Nord horse pillow, don't you think?! Here are my favourites...
  • Super cute dog guest towels
  • Letter and horse pillows
  • Brown jars (also come in clear)


2. There's a craft fair this weekend in Helsinki (see last week's post for more info) and I'm really looking forward to it. I mean REALLY! I'm going there on Sunday and more than anything, I'm hoping to get some ideas. Christmas is coming and I'll start making cards in bulk so need a lot of ideas.

Luckily, in the meantime, Pinterest has provided me with lots of cute card ideas. I thought I'd show you some. Simple ideas but really fab outcome. I especially like the ones that have a doily sewn onto the card and then some words written on them. So cute!!!

Maybe you'll get inspired and I'll see you at the fair??!


3. Next up some gorgeous living rooms. I read quite a few blogs, as I'm sure you do as well, and I often find that the rooms these bloggers have in their homes are ten times nicer than the ones I see in magazines. I guess it's because the blogs I read are all something I'm interested in but in magazines you sometimes (or maybe quite often) also get stuff that doesn't interest you at all.

Anyway, let's have a look at these beautiful, light, bright and mainly white living rooms. I've included Nina's living room (from Stylizimo blog) and Petra's living room (from House Of Philia blog) too so you can see my point. :)






4. My friend, R, has been baking up a storm this week and I thought I'd show her, and to you at the same time, this stunning cake. Let's call it this week's DIY idea. :)

All you need is some lace - could be fabric or a paper doily or anything that gives you a lace pattern. Once you've baked a cake, and this can be any kind of cake, you cover it with the lace, sprinkle on some powdered sugar (pölysokeri) and then VERY CAREFULLY remove the lace. And you're left with this...

This beautiful cake and lots of other yummy ideas can be found on my Pinterest board - Come Dine With Me. :)


5. This weekend is going to be a busy one...

There's the craft fair, Intohimona Askartelu, I already mentioned. Both Sat and Sun, in central Helsinki. More info here.

Loviisan Wanhat Talot - an event where ordinary people open the doors into their homes in Loviisa. I'm going there tomorrow and absolutely cannot wait! I've spotted all the best white interiors and yard sales in advance so it should be great. More info here.

And one more amazing event is going to take place tomorrow, Saturday, in Espoo. Kartanopäivä will combine decorating, flowers, clothes and all things beautiful. I'm so gutted I can't make it here so if you can go there, I'm sure this'll be worth the visit. More info here.

Have a beautiful and hopefully a sunny weekend!!! There's plenty to do... Enjoy it!

Comments

Popular Posts