My favourite decorating books

In the last year I've bought some amazing decorating books. My first one was a little book called Old and New by Katherine Sorrell. It was really cleverly laid out and gave me some great ideas. I really liked the way it combined old and new furniture and decorative items which I think most people will find useful.
My second purchase, almost immediately after the Old and New was a book called Junk Style by Melanie Molesworth. It's published by the same publishers as the Old and New so they're the same size and look really nice laid out together. You'd never think that would affect the reasons for getting a book and I guess it doesn't but it is a nice bonus.   


And then for Christmas my mum got me this... Elämää Valkoisessa Puutalossa by Ilona Pietiläinen. It's so amazing. It's about life in an old house - renovating, decorating and everything in between. It's definitely a coffee table book as it's packed full of beautiful pictures and really conveys the feeling and atmosphere of the house and its surroundings. You will always find this on display in my new house. And I will be taking inspiration from it in decorating my new home.  

And about a month ago I bought these two. Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects by Ellen Dyrop and Hanna Kristinsdottir and Pale & Interesting: Decorating with Whites, Pastels and Neutrals for a Warm and Welcoming Home by Atlanta Bartlett. I got them delivered straight to Finland so I would have less to carry as I move next week so haven't had a chance to look at them yet. However, my mum has done more than just have a quick flick through them. She has already made the silver tray notice board seen on the cover of the Rediscovered Treasures. And I can't wait to make one for myself as well. So, clearly lots of good ideas and inspiring pictures.
I have been using the following two websites to order all these books and would definitely recommend them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ Great selection and quick delivery but you have to pay extra for overseas delivery

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ My new favourite as it has free delivery worldwide!!

Comments

Popular Posts