This week I love...

...the autumn weather. It's been the most beautiful week. Almost the nicest of the whole summer. The mornings, when I go to work, are quite chilly, the days are hot and sunny and in the evening you can really feel the autumn coming. But I think it's quite nice.

I love it when the nights are getting darker and you can start lighting up the candles. Pastel colours, that were such a cute accent in the summer months, are being packed away and replaced with soft, autumnal tones of teal, burgundy and mustard yellow. Have you done this yet? I still haven't decided what my accent colour will be... Everything is just black and white now. I need a colour in there and at the moment I'm quite keen on the mustard yellow. But we'll see. I'm known to change my mind a few times before committing to it. Ha hah!

Let's have a look at this week's favourites then...

1. Talking about candles... I saw this really easy DIY candle holder on Pinterest (where else?). All you need is some glass jars or even just normal drinking glasses and then a roll of washi tape of your choice. And then just get decorating.

You can do the lines straight like in the picture or how about crossing them over one another or making letters out of them?!

I'll definitely be doing this but I need to order some more tapes first. Or maybe I could do a test one with the black and white alphabet tape I have... Yes, I'll do that. I'll show you later how it turned out.

2. Even though I haven't decided on an accent colour for my home yet when it comes to my wardrobe I've already got a firm favourite. Burgundy.

I've seen it in shops, H&M have an especially good selection, and also in magazines, blogs etc. It's quite a traditional autumn colour but I think it's more heavily on display this autumn than it has been before. Also, it's not just in clothes and accessories but also in nails and make-up. An easy way to bring a little burgundy into your life as well. It'll definitely be my colour of the season. Have you got a colour yet? :)



3. I can't even count all the things I've learnt since joining Pinterest. See, it's not just a waste of time as my boyfriend probably thinks. I've found so many amazing blogs and their bloggers, cool websites and new products. I've learnt tips, tricks and have gotten so many ideas on a variety of subjects.

Well, one of these new things I've found is a Swedish blogger and freelance interior stylist Lotta Agaton. I'm sure a lot of you are already familiar with her work and/or blog. Or you've might come across it somewhere, even without knowing that it was her handiwork.

She's just finished doing some work for Folkhem. She's been furnishing this apartment for them for the housing exhibition, Annedal 2012. I love the calm overall impression, the colour palette and the small details that bring fun and personality into the space.

The beautiful pictures have been taken by Henrik Bonnevier. I especially like the last one as I have that same (or probably just similar) lamp at work waiting for me to bring it home. Yay!




4. I think by now my affection for Ikea is quite clear to everyone who frequently reads my blog. Well, after seeing this snap in Nina's Stylizimo blog, it might just get worse.

Nina had a chance to see some of the products from the new collection in advance. And this is what really caught my eye. Obviously the black and white colour scheme is spot on for me but also the prints are gorgeous. I especially love the one that looks like it has black petals on a white background.

The new Ikea catalogue can be viewed on Ikea's Facebook page. Just click here.





5. Last thing this week is another event that's coming up soon... Puu-Vallilan syksyinen pihakirppis. A yard sale/flea market in the old part of Helsinki, Puu-Vallila. The residents of this super beautiful part of Helsinki are selling anything and everything so it's definitely worth going.

This will take place on 1 September and starts at 10. Let's hope it'll be sunny. :)

Have a great weekend!!!




Comments

  1. Kiva kun kävit ja jätit jäljen itsestäsi. Tänne tulen uudestaan, kiva blogi Sinulla. Liityn samalla lukijaksi.

    Terkuin,
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts