This week I love...

Friday, you are finally here. TGIF!!! I thought this week would never end. It's been a super busy week at work - too much work and not enough people. I'll be so happy to have the rest of the visual team back next week.

So, what do you think of the new look?! I just really fancied a change and felt like making more of a statement. I have been wanting to make my own header for a while now and was inspired by my friend whose blog has a really nice header. You can find her fashion blog here.

Shall we have a look at this week's hot five...

1. As you probably know already, when I buy one thing I often end up starting to collect more and more of the same thing. It has happened with lamps, punchers, silver trays and various other objects. This time, it's zinc houses. You know the ones where you can put candles/tea lights inside?!

Yep, I got one (on loan) from my mum, bought one at the flea market, then a few more from Living Deauville and you know the rest... Now, I have five and can't wait to buy more. Ha hah!

Luckily, it seems I'm not alone. Pinterest users have already been busy starting their Christmas boards (yes, you read right, Christmas!) and a lot of them feature these cute little houses. I picked a few of my favourite pictures from there so have a look... Aren't they lovely?! That tall house in the first picture is my absolute favourite.


2. I love finding new blogs to read. Recently, I've come across quite a few great blogs and have become hooked on them. Here are my current favourites in fashion and interiors.

For fashion, I really like Hanna's blog Who is Hanna?. She has a simple but cool style and I love the moodboards she puts together for inspiration. I also follow Hanna on Pinterest.

For interiors, there's Elsass, which some of you might know already. I've been reading it for a few months now and really like her style and diy ideas. If you're interested, her Pinterest account can be found here.

3. As I am in Finland now (finally!) I think I need to big up Helsinki a bit. It is currently Helsinki Design Week. This means a variety of activities are being organised all around the city...
 
The Helsinki Design District is heavily involved. The best way to enjoy the district and everything it has to offer is attending the Late Night Shopping that opens doors to boutiques, galleries and restaurants until 9 pm every second Thursday of the month. So, next Thursday, make sure to be there.
 
Another big thing is the Design Market at Kaapelitehdas/Cable Factory on Saturday and Sunday. It's one of the most popular events of the week and gathers fashionistas and design fans under one roof for an interesting, inspiring and fun event. It's like a big stock sale with both large and small design companies that bring their extra stock to this sale.

This year, the event will be larger than ever. Two large halls have been reserved in the Kaapelitehdas/Cable Factory and the sellers will be organized into themed areas to allow buyers to find exactly what they want. Are you going?!


4. Despite the promise of +24°C next week, I think a lot of you are starting to look out for a new winter coat. It seems that every year, around this time, there's a lot of women who really, really NEED a new coat. And this year, the ones to look out for are...

The parka - a firm favourite from previous years that's still going strong. The length doesn't matter as long as you find the perfect shade of khaki green for you. Instantly, makes an outfit cool and goes with everything from a flower dress to jeans and Converse.


The trench coat -  an eternally stylish option. A ladylike coat that works equally well during the day as it does on a night out.
Sexy yet practical.


The coloured coat - great for the more adventurous dressers. There are a variety of colours to choose from... Red is quite popular but if you want to stand out, pick yellow or pink. It'll definitely brighten your mood on those dark and cold winter mornings.


The duffel coat - it's all about the toggle fastening. The wooden or horn "buttons" give this coat its distinctive look and make it very popular with both women and men. A classic that works with both a simple style or with a more punk inspired look.

 
5. And last but not least... A reminder of the Kädentaitomessut (a craft fair) in Helsinki this weekend 8.-9.9.2012. Held at the Wanha Satama, there are plenty of decorative as well as practical products from clothes and accessories to jewellery etc. made by skilled crafters. If you want, you can also buy the materials and do it yourself!
 
Hope you'll have a great weekend - whatever it is that you decide to do!

Comments

  1. Kiitos kauniista sanoistasi, Elisa! Ilostuttavat kovasti vähän ankeaa perjantai-iltaa...

    Käynti Kaapelitehdas pitäisi kyllä ehdottomasti tehdä.

    Mukavaa viikonvaihdetta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...siis, Kaapelitehtaalla...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minulla on blogissani Sinulle haaste, otatko sen vastaan?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts