Spring/Summer 2013 Trends

I've talked quite a lot about interior trends already but today it's time to have a look at the fashion trends of the coming summer. After a bit of research on the Internet, I picked my top three favourite trends. My choices are obviously my own personal favourites but I also tried to pick trends that are actually wearable and can be worn by most people. I had a look around Pinterest for some suitable images and this is what I've found... 

1. COLOURS 
Summer always brings the colours back on the scene after a long, dark winter. This trend is all about being bold and wearing the colour both top and bottom. Your outfit should be completely one colour. If you think it's less intimidating, you can use different shades for example blue and turquoise or pink and red. The colour category can be divided into three parts:
  • fluorescents - super brights like neon pink, acid lemon and zingy neon orange
  • total whiteout - white on white... on white
  • primary colours - blue, red and yellow


2. STRIPES 
Monochrome stripes (and checks too) are going to be very popular. This look can be worn in two ways. If your brave, go head to toe and make an impact. For the less brave, like me, just pick a stripey top or bottom and pair it with a black partner. Easy enough!


3. FRILLS 
Forget small ruffles, this trend is all about big frills. Romantic, ruffled and big!! This is perfect for all the summer parties. This is the easiest trend to wear as it suits everyone. If your small on the top wear a ruffled top, hide a muffin top with ruffles around the stomach or show off your legs with ruffles on your skirt.

Start writing your shopping lists, I'll race you to the shops...


Comments

  1. Jeii, stripes! So happy that stripes are also here in coming season, because I'm a big fan of everything striped, including my own clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too!! I just bought a stripey blouse yesterday. Can't wait to wear it now! I'll be so trendy. Ha hah! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts