This week I love...

... inspiring interiors! The main reason I love blogging, blogs and the awesome bloggers behind them is the endless inspiration, ideas and support you get from them. I have several blogs that I read every day but I also love finding new blogs. You can see my favourites on the left under the title My Little Black Book of Blogs. And please, tell me your favourites too!!

Valentine's Day has been and gone and the next thing we're starting to look forward to is Easter. I have an Easter board on Pinterest where I collect ideas. I'll be sharing my favourites here over the coming weeks but it's not quite time for that yet.

This week's favourites include a gorgeous Swedish apartment, the new it colour yellow and some gorgeous bright pink lips. Shall we have a closer look?!

1. I ♥ Yellow
Let's start with summery yellow. It has been predicted to be THE colour this spring and it certainly seems that a lot of bloggers have decided that their black and white interiors need to be brightened up with a pop of yellow. That pop can be anything from a bunch of flowers to a sofa. Textiles are the easiest way to get started and a small change can make a big difference. So, choose your comfort level and go with that. I'm starting to warm up to it too. How about you?!




2. I ♥ Pink lips
As we get closer to spring and summer, bright colours are also making a comeback to our make-up bags. The quickest way to get the look is bright lips. And what better colour to choose than pink! Here are some tips to remember:
  • Pick the right pink according to your skin tone. The paler your skin the more bluey the pink should be. 
  • Keep your eyes simple and let your lips take centre stage! 
  • Hide any imperfections well as the pink colour on your lips will highlight them
  • And don't forget that a blueish pink tone will also make your teeth look whiter. 
Here's some inspiration from celebrities like Jessica Alba, Freida Pinto and Lauren Conrad.




3. I ♥ This Swedish apartment
The black and white interior has been spiced up with colourful textiles and I love it! The iconic stripey Ikea rug looks so incredible. How I haven't got it yet, is a mystery even to me!! You can see all the pictures here, including the orange kitchen that I didn't include in the pictures. That part I didn't love. Ha hah!











4. I ♥ Rugs
I'm on the lookout for a new rug for the living room. And I have some serious rug envy!!! Yes, the stripey Ikea number is my all-time favourite. But look at these other beauties too. How can I choose?! 





5. I ♥ 12xKOTI
I entered several draws in various different blogs to win this but I was even more luckier and got it as a Valentine's Day present from my mum. The books is absolutely amazing. It's made by two incredibly talented women - interior stylist Jonna Kivilahti (you probably know her from MRS JONES blog) and photographer Krista Keltanen. As the title suggests the book features 12 stunning homes with varying styles but they're all equally inspiring.

Get it!!! And enjoy your weekend lovelies!!!! I'm having my hair chopped off. Cannot wait... :) 



Comments

Popular Posts