This week I love...

It's Friday and it's the last day of my holiday. Boooo!!! On Monday it'll be back to work for this lady. But I do still have two weeks off in August so it's not all bad, I guess. Then again, I'll be needing that two weeks to recuperate from this holiday. Ha hah!
We're going to build a small guest cottage next to our summer cottage to get some more sleeping space and have been laying the ground work during my holiday. This means shovelling, what feels like tons, of rocks to even out the very uneven surface where it'll be going. My back aches, my arms are so weak I can barely lift a spoon and I don't know how I'll get out of bed tomorrow.

I sincerely hope your having a more relaxing holiday. :) Is anyone enjoying a holiday in Tahiti, where the picture is from, or somewhere equally gorgeous? Lucky you!!!

Let's get down to business and have a look at this week's favourites...

1. The thing that keeps me going, when I stand knee deep in the pile of rocks, is thinking about decorating the new little cottage. It'll be about 15m² so will only fit a bed and somewhere to put our clothes in but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming big.

From outside it'll be painted dark brown like the main cottage but from the inside... I don't quite know yet. I keep going from a black and white look to a pastel dream and everything in between. The only thing that I'm decided on is that I definitely want netting over the bed and because the cottage is small I'm thinking of painting it white inside. Then again, a feature wall of some sort would be so nice. Glad I don't have to make these decisions yet. Ha hah! Here's some inspiration pictures that I've been looking at thinking "maybe, it'll be like this..."

2. I don't know what it is about me and Ikea but I can't deny that I shop there a lot and think that a lot of the things that they do are pretty great. But now, they've really outdone themselves...

A limited edition MIRRORED Malm drawer is going to be coming to stores soon. Unfortunately, I don't have any more details at the moment as to which countries it'll be available in or when exactly it'll be coming into stores but I had to put this here so that you can look forward to it as much as I do.
 3. I haven't done a DIY in a while and since my cabinet is nowhere near ready to be shown as a DIY project I had to come up with something else. So, I looked into my DIY board in Pinterest and found this cute idea.

It's easy to do and great for kids as well. Perfect entertainment for a rainy day... and it seems there's been quite a few of them recently. I remember doing this myself when I was little. I would always make my rocks look like cats though. But these owl ones are very on trend and perhaps a bit easier to do as well.






4. I love stripes! They always remind me of summer. They're classic and work with everything. And have you noticed how stripes always come back into fashion in the spring? It seems that every year the clothing stores start drumming up the nautical trend ahead of summer. Here's some ideas on how to incorporate stripes into your summer wardrobe.


5. Last thing on the list... A little tip for this weekend. If you're driving through Salo, stop by Kikan Kukka ja Lahja - the most beautiful flower shop I've been to. They're closing the doors for a summer holiday so all the flowers must be sold over the weekend. This means that you can get for example a citrus tree half price and as there's less flowers there's more decorating stuff. I love that little table with the numbered drawers. Go and have a look! And have a fab weekend!!!








Comments

Popular Posts