This week I love...

Today was sunny. Summer is officially back! At least it has been for the past two days and I really, really hope that it stays here for a bit longer. My tan is finally starting to show. My brother tans to ridiculously dark whereas I have to sit in the sun for hours and hours and I'll never be that brown. So unfair.

I'm heading over to the summer cottage for the weekend so I hope that I can catch some rays while I'm over there. I still have a lot of painting to do for the cabinet I'm building so plenty of stuff that I can do outside. Yay!

Let's have a look at this week's lovely, beautiful and exciting things...

1. The first thing this week is some pictures from my home. I came back from the holiday, took down all the blue accents and put all my new things in place (the zinc houses on the shelf, the lanterns on the table etc.) and ended up with a black and white look. I love the simplicity but already feel like I should have an accent colour in there. No idea, what that colour would be though...

And have a look at the texts in frames. They're pictures I got from Pinterest, printed out and put into cheap, black Ikea frames. I really like them. What do you think?




2. Next, right after raving on about summer being back, I'm going to do a little fashion piece... on my autumn favourites. As I'm sure you've noticed the shops are starting to get their autumn lines in and you can see colours like dark green, maroon and my new favourite, burgundy.
Here are some things that I'm really looking forward to buying, wearing and enjoying in the coming months...
I've already seen various beautiful jumpers in shops that I want to buy. And I can't wait to wear them with skirts soon or with a cute gilet a bit later.

 




Or how about another cool cover up like a little jacket or a cape. I bought a gilet in a similar aztec print as the jacket in the picture. It's got a fur lined hood and I cannot wait to wear it. It's so cool.


And fur, fake, of course. I have at least three detachable fur collars and I bought two fur gilets last year so will have plenty to work with this autumn and winter. It's just so soft and glamorous.

I love winter accessories. Chunky knit scarves, leather gloves and above all, hats. Beanies, trilbies, berets... You name it, I'll probably already have it. They really add to a look and you can change the whole feel of the outfit with a hat - what will you choose, a casual beanie or a sexy trilby?













3. One of the other things I wanted to do when I got back from my holiday was to go to Ikea to have a look at the much anticipated Kollektion Blå. So, on Monday, after work I headed over to Ikea in Vantaa where the collection was meant to be available at.

After a dinner of meatballs and chips we headed over to browse the departments. I found the collection towards the end, after almost having given up, near the plants. Various different shades of blue - cobalt, aqua, electric and navy could all be found in the collection and there was a lot of nice pieces.

After looking at the pictures, I had identified a navy rug with white print and some floor cushions as my favourite pieces and they didn't disappoint. However, after having just packed away all the blue from my home I didn't buy them. In fact, the only thing I ended up buying was a paper garland with blue and gold. It was really beautiful and I thought it might be nice in my bedroom. I haven't put it up yet so will have to get back to you on that.

If you have a chance and provided that you like blue, it's definitely worth checking out.



4. You know how there's always something in the house that you are dying to change. Well, for me it's my hallway. The walls are just boring white and don't even get me started on the rug. *sigh* It's also quite romantic whereas the rest of the house is much more streamlined these days. When I first moved in, I decorated a coat rack, a little stool and the electricity board cover with stamps, decoupage and flower pictures. But now they just feel like they don't go with the rest of the house.

I'd like to wallpaper one of the walls with a gorgeous wallpaper and get a nice rug so that when people come in they can instantly see from the hallway what awaits them as they get further into my home. I need to start planning this, otherwise it'll never happen.

I put this picture in as inspiration as I really like the blackboard as well as the table. My little hallway won't fit a table that big but it could have something similar. And I'd really like a plant in there. But it's really dark so I'm guessing I need to get a fake plant. I think my key words will be simplify and personalise. Do you have similar projects coming up?!


5. A reminder to all of you antique fans and collectors... An antique fair in Lohja is this weekend 21. - 22.7. It'll start at 10 on both days and is held at the Lohja ice hockey arena. About 40 sellers from Finland and Sweden will be there. It's quite a small but a very nice fair so definitely worth going to. I went last year and will be there again this year.

Have a great weekend!!! Let's hope it'll be sunny...

Comments

Popular Posts