This week I love...

...hygge! Yes, this trendword has now found its way into my blog too. Ha hah! Have you heard about it already? If not, here is a very official sounding explanation from Wikipedia: "Hygge is a concept that evokes "coziness", particularly when relaxing with good friends or loved ones and while enjoying good food." It's origins are in Denmark and it's all about comfort, coziness and softness. So, this week's favourites all have something to do with this lovely "feeling" that I hope will carry us through the dark and cold winter months...

Let's get going then...

1. I ♥ soft colours
Hygge is all about soft colours that are relaxing, calming and above all, go together well to create a harmonious room or preferably an overall decor of the house. I saw this colour palette on Pinterest and it immediately spoke to me. I already have grey and white at home and as I've said before pink is tempting me hard at the moment. And judging by other blogs that I have been reading, it seems these colours seem to be on quite a few wishlists. Choose different shades, textures and materials and make it your own.


2. I ♥ comfort food
This time of year, when it's cold and dark outside food is a great comfort to many people. As many people are trying to diet at the same time soups are a great option to stay both warm and healthy. I did include pictures of bread and pasta as well but I believe that you're allowed some treats in the winter months. Even when dieting. It's all about moderation, right?! Try Pinterest for some great recipes.


3. I ♥ these rooms
Instead of choosing an entire house, this week I've chosen rooms that exude that hygge feeling. There are kitchens, bedrooms and living rooms. Something to inspire every single one of you. :) For me the first room to get the hygge treatment will be the living room. It's already well on its way but needs more layers and some more candle light, I think. So, let's hope there's inspiration for you and me in the these pictures.








4. I ♥ cosy
The easiest way to create the right mood for "hygge" at home is with textiles. Add throws, pillows, maybe even a bit of fur and you'll be able to build a real nest for yourself. Add some candles, magazines or a book and a cup of hot chocolate and I think the mood is perfect for enjoying time at home when it's too cold outside. Aah...




5. I ♥ fashion
Time to wrap up in cosy knitwear and warm furs. Protect yourself against the cold winter weather with layers and the right materials. Wool, cotton and fur (preferably faux fur!) will keep you warm and stylish before we can get to the lovely spring months. Don't worry, they are coming...

That was this week's soft favourites done and dusted. Time to start enjoying the weekend! Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts