TGIF - Thank god it's Friday

As was tradition three years ago when I was last writing the blog, I thought I'd continue with the Friday favourite section. And in English too. Mostly to keep up my own language skills but also because I enjoy writing in English, in fact more than I enjoy writing in Finnish. I can pretty much just write and don't really have to think about it too much. It's much more demanding in Finnish. :D

So, this week I thought that the favourites could share a common theme of SELF CARE.
Everyone is at home, thanks to corona. But let's try to see the positive side of things. When have you last had so much time to concentrate on taking care of yourself?! I am known as a person who can see the silver lining in just about anything and I want to encourage you to do the same.

Here are some ideas on how to pamper, develop and treat yourself.

1. Face mask + jade roller = my Friday night 
Buy a face mask or maybe you already have one lying around? I had this one. I love this as it's so moisturising and it's very inexpensive so win-win. To boost the effects on your skin use your roller to roll over the mask. This increases circulation and helps all the good stuff to penetrate the skin.


2. Healthy snacks...
Now that we're at home all the time, I also feel like I'm eating all the time. And it's not always that healthy. I made this gorgeous fruit platter for some guests when I was working at the showroom a few months ago and thought I'd share it with you. Everything is from a normal grocery store (except the flowers, those I got from Stockmann) so anyone can make this at home. This is also a great way to get the kiddies to eat more fruit.

 

3. Mind, body and soul...
I've pinned this list a while back but it's never more accurate than now. Pick and choose from each list and take care of your mind, body and soul. Source: theblissfulmind.com



4. Now is the perfect time...
...to take care of your feet and get them ready for summer and sandals. I bought those exfoliating socks about a week ago and my feet are on their way to being very pretty. At the moment, they look disgusting (google the effects if you don't believe me) but they will be pretty. And when they are then I will turn my attention to my toenails. This pedicure is super cute, don't you think?!


5. Find something inspiring to do
I think we should really try to make the best of this extra time that we have on our hands. i chose to start blogging again. Maybe you could start learning a new language? Or organise your closet? Find something that you enjoy doing and will make you feel great. It will make the time pass quicker and could lead to fabulous new opportunities... What will you choose?


Comments

Popular Posts