TGIF - Thank god it's Friday

Come on!!! What's going on with these weeks?! I get to Friday having done nothing and suddenly it's time to write again. What did I do on Tuesday or Wednesday... Nothing. Just normal home life. Playing outside with my little girl, going on bike trips to see birds, barbequeing. Really just enjoying life, even if it is in the middle of a pandemic. This week I gathered up SMALL THINGS to make that everyday life a bit more sweeter...

1. Set the table...
...even if you're the only one eating. It's such an easy way to make your morning coffee or afternoon snack more enjoyable. And use the better plates! Because you're worth it. Ha hah!

Image: Bloomingville

2. Change your phone background
What's the one thing that you see dozens of times a day? Your phone screen. So, pick a quote or a beautiful picture. Whatever makes you smile whenever you open that phone.

Image: Pinterest

3. Become a bird watcher
Look out of your window. What do you see? A pigeon, perhaps. Or a swallow. It is so calming to look at birds. I highly recommend it. My kid got this book a few weeks ago and hasn't put it down since.
Try it, trust me!


4. Get dressed up
Even if it's just to go to the shop. Do it for yourself. It lifts the mood and shows you that something good is coming. You just have to be patient. It will get better. And prettier.

Image: Pinterest (Society 19)

5. Go to the movies
On your own couch, I mean. What is your favourite film? Now is the time to watch it again. I just watched Fast and Furious 7. The last one with Paul Walker. And cried at the end. Again.
Tomorrow I'll watch Brown Sugar or Meet Joe Black. What will you watch? 


Comments

Popular Posts