This week I love...

OMG! The blog has been hot stuff in the past couple of days. I've had more readers than ever so I think a big thank you is the way to start up this Friday! So, here goes... THANK YOU!!! It seems that my holiday stories and more specifically tips on what's going on where and what are the best places to visit seem to attract attention. Well, more of that next week as I'm heading over to Turku, Naantali, and Tampere.

But let's have a look at this week...

1. I think the first thing this week will have to be the three most interesting interior shops that I'm planning on visiting next week. All of these are ones that I've read about or heard good things about and I'm really excited to visit all of them. Have you been? You can expect a more detailed report next week...

KANTRIINA, TAMPERE


LIVING DEAUVILLE, NAANTALI


MOON RIVER, TURKU


2. I am in love with prints, cards and posters with words, sentences etc. on them. You can express your thoughts, favourites and opinions quickly and in a funny way by having them on your wall, on the fridge or you can even have it printed on your t-shirt.

I bought these cards this week from Villa Hima. So simple yet versatile.

And the ones below, I am dying to get. I guess I just need to make them myself and print them out as I haven't got any idea where they're from or who they're by. Any ideas?



3. How about a quick look at some summer holiday fashion? No more worrying about what to wear to the office or to an important meeting. You're on holiday so everything goes. For me this has meant a long black dress with a waterfall hem (short front, long back) that I've worn everywhere and a t-shirt and shorts that I've worn here at the summer cottage.

I hope that some of these can be found in your holiday wardrobe...
  • Simplicity - a vest, top or a t-shirt and a skirt will take you through most of the events you will attend on your holiday. It works on the beach, in a bar and at a bbq.
  • Details - a beautiful necklace, a sequin trim on your dress or something else eye-catching is a nice way to separate your office wardrobe from your holiday wardrobe.
  • Denim shorts - they go with anything, look great on everyone and can be made from a pair of jeans you no longer wear. What's not to love?!
  • Colour - bright colours look great with a tan and will definitely put on you a holiday mood!


4. A summer project... This means a DIY project. Are you painting a guest cottage like a friend of mine? Or renovating a piece of furniture? My big project this summer is building a cabinet with glass doors. I started it today and already lost my temper a few times. I'm a bit of a heated builder, I guess. Ha hah! Well, more about that project as it progresses a bit more.

I bought this little stool from a flea market last weekend and this week I've taken off the old paint, painted it twice and I'm going to decorate it as soon as I buy some white paint. Here's how it looked before and after.


5. At the end I thought I would remind you of all the interesting things going on this weekend...
  • Somerniemen kesätori - a flea market in Somerniemi. I always find something here.
  • Ruisrock - a rock festival in Turku. Headline acts include Finnish Nightwish, an american rapper Snoop Dogg, Swedish The Cardigans and Pulp from the UK.   
  • Fiskars Antiikkipäivät - An antique fair in Fiskars that lasts until Sunday. Read my previous post for more info.
Have a great weekend!!!!!

Comments

  1. Ihanan näköisiä kauppoja! Minäkin olen tykästynyt kovin Decora Framen kortteihin! Kaunista kesää! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts