This week I love...

... the weather! And my tan! And Wiley's song 'Wearing My Rolex'! And my home that's so beautiful after I've been doing some cleaning, de-cluttering and decorating! I did have a paint job lined up as well but forgot the sanding machine to the summer cottage so couldn't paint yet. Well, there's always next week.

It's the weekend! No more work, until Monday that is. Before that dreaded Monday I have my cousin's wedding on Saturday and some building work at the summer cottange on Sunday. So, a very nice weekend ahead, I think. What have you got planned?!

Maybe you can find something to do from my selection...

1. How about making a poster for your home? I did that recently. I took two prints from my Pinterest board Posters and Prints, printed them out and put them into frames. It's so easy and you can make cute posters for any room in the house. And by altering the way you display them - in frames, hung with clothes pegs, taped with washi tape - you can make them look very different.


It's really trendy at the moment to have a collage of different posters with a common theme - could be for example that they're all black and white pictures or they all have a Paris theme or different words/sentences. The common theme might be something that only you know - a memory or a funny story. That's entirely up to you.

Here's some fun options that you might want to consider. You can find these and lots of others on my Pinterest. Let me know how they turn out.


 


2. Last autumn my friend's kids' school had a bake sale. They also had raffles and lots of other activities and games but nothing was as popular as what my friend had decided to do... My friend had decided that she'd do mini manicures for all the little girls. And she asked me to go with her to help out. As a big fan of doing nails I decided to tag along. The day was a real success and we did lots of different nails - most of them with some kind of diamonte detail.

So, this weekend, how about you do your nails. Or your daughters nails? Or even a friends? It's so much fun and will brighten up any outfit. Don't forget the toe nails. The weather will be perfect for sandals so your toes will need to look cute too. I have a wedding to go to so will definitely need to paint my nails.

Here's some cute ideas and colours to try... Wonder which one I'll go for... Quite like the first one.

- Ombre is popular even on nail polish - use a make up sponge to put on the colour to the tip of the nail and finish off with a top coat. This looks really cute with a proper glitter nail polish on the tips.


- I love these metallic nails! I haven't seen a polish like this so presumably it's been done professionally, using some kinds of foils or something. If anyone knows how to DIY this, let me know! :)


- This is a nice variation on an ordinary look. Paint the other nails as you normally do but make one different. It can be any finger and it can be glittery, stripey, covered in flowers or whatever you like. I would think that especially little girls would love this look!


- And then something for the bigger girls. This is super chic! Use either stickers or if you have a really steady hand, write it yourself.


3. How about this super easy DIY candle lantern? I think this would look so awesome hanging in the garden at night, especially if you would have a party. All you need is soup cans and something with a round and sharp edge, for example a screw driver or an ice pick or something similar. Then just draw the shape you want with a marker pen - heart, star, flower - and start making the holes. When you finish, make two more holes on the top, on each side for the ribbon. And there you go. If you want you can paint the can before hand to match your party or garden furniture.
4. Like I said I've been cleaning and doing other stuff around the house and you know what always finished off something like that really nicely? Flowers! I'm a huge fan of fresh flowers. As I'm sure you can tell by all the flowers you've seen pictured here. They just instantly jazz up any room. Plus they smell awesome - especially roses, lilies and fresias.

I'm going to get some flowers this weekend and when I saw this picture I thought "Yeah, that's what I'll do". I really like the display in this picture and as you know, I have lots of vases etc. so putting together a display like this is easy. I could make one with white bottles, brown bottles or even with green bottles. I'm sure some of you have similar collections... Don't try and tell me I'm the only one. :)

5. And finally, here's a beautiful, light, bright and innovative home to inspire you. Look at the details, the colours and the amount of space. And enjoy the weekend!!






Comments

Popular Posts