This week I love...

... Valentine's Day!! I know, it's next week but I wanted to take the opportunity to celebrate a bit early and share some tips and ideas with you on how to make the day truly special. Three years ago on Valentine's Day, my boyfriend got down on one knee (I hoped he would kneel but I wasn't sure I had told him enough times, ha hah!)  and proposed to me. I was over the moon and probably screamed yes. So, as you can understand this day holds special memories for me.

I've picked some cute cards, yummy treats, some DIY and obviously some gorgeous interiors as well. Today's colour scheme is the usual black and white but with a hint of pink.

1. I ♥ cute cards
In Finland, Valentine's Day is called Ystävänpäivä (=Friend's Day) so you send cards to your friends, maybe even buy little presents and the whole day, in general, is concentrated more on friendships. For me, it's a chance to tell people in my life that their important to me. I do this the best way I can, with a card. I've made some already and I'll be posting them soon. I saw these cards on Pinterest and if you still have cards to make these might give you some inspiration...




2. I ♥ DIY
If your going to decorate your home on Valentine's Day then this easy DIY heart garland is just the thing you're looking for. Though this one is made using a sewing machine, you don't need to get one. Instead you could just as easily you a ribbon and glue on the hearts or use a needle and thread to make holes on the hearts and connect them.

So, to start pick your paper - brown, pink, old book pages, whatever you like. Then use a heart puncher or BigShot machine to make the hearts (that way you'll get them all to be the same size). Finally, using your chosen method, make the garland.

I really like this and will be making one this weekend. Last year I had a little party on Valentine's Day and I'm sure we'll have some people over this year too. This will provide all the decoration I need.






3. I ♥ pink
Adding a hint of pink into your home will put you in the right mood. Pastels are always popular around this time of year anyway and what better way to soften the look than with some baby pink. I collected some pictures from Pinterest for some inspiration. Now, where did I put that pink cushion cover...




 
4.  I ♥ yummy food
I could eat all of this. Now. Everything looks so good. If you're planning a little party or just a romantic dinner for two, how about putting some of these treats on the menu? I'm afraid I can't give you the recipes as I'm not too good a cook but I'm sure you can find them on the Internet. Alternatively, call your mum. That's what I do. 




5. I ♥ posters
The easiest way to get a cool poster for your home is to go to Pinterest, pick one you like and print it out. Get some frames from Ikea and you're done. I chose these Valentine's Day themed posters from Pinterest. If you're looking for some more ideas have a look at my Pinterest board A Way With Words... Prints and Posters. I especially like the alphabet poster. I put these in without frames so you can just copy them from here if you like.

Have a great weekend all!!!!






Comments

Popular Posts