This week I love...

Oh, Friday how I have waited for you to come. This week has been tooooo busy and I'm super glad that you're finally here and I can start relaxing. Anyone else feel the same way?! I feel like I've lived at work so not much decorating has gone on this week. But I have to at least clean the house as my dad is having his 60th birthday party this weekend and that's bound to bring visitors behind my door as well, eager to have a look around. In case, you didn't know, I live opposite my parents so their visitors are also my visitors. :)

Right, let's see what I managed to scrape together...

1. Peas... Every spring I like to grow peas. They're such a vibrant shade of green and are a beautiful garnish on salads. Last year, when I was still in London, I had some growing on our front yard and so this time it'll be a welcome reminder of the spring in London.

This year, I was helped by my god daughter to plant them. She was very excited that she got to help out. She's now back in England so I need to send her pictures so she knows how the peas are coming along.

The pot is from Home Bazaar, I made the circle from birch twigs and had bought the butterflies last year from a florist.











2. I bought a new table this week. Not a big table, just a small, half circle side table. Very simple and delicate. But now, I'm deliberating over what colour to paint it... It's just got it's natural brown wooden colour and I'm thinking of a pastel shade. Perhaps, lilac or mint? Or a light grey? I'll show you a picture when I've painted it.
Have you got something in your home that you've painted in a colour that doesn't follow your normal style??

3. I came across a really cool lighting idea. I haven't quite figured out how I could make it but I would like to try as I really like the feeling of these glass jar lights. The light is so soft and it's got a really nice industrial vibe about it.

I found the pictures from my new favourite website, Pinterest.











The lights above look a bit more rustic whereas the lights on the right look very sleek and modern. It's obviously all down to the glass jar you choose to use.



















4. Last weekend I decided to change the order in the bedroom... again. I like to change orders. A lot. I'm just not one of those people who want things to stay in their place and be where they've always been (yes, dad, that's you). I think it's inspiring and refreshing when you can mix things up a bit.

For greater effect I'll show you a picture from September, after I had lived here for two months and one that I took last weekend. I can't quite believe the change myself.

Before...

...and after.
5. A reminder to all of you crafty ladies in Finland. Kädentaitomessut is coming to Helsinki again this weekend, 3.-4.3. at Wanha Satama. It's a crafts fair that's definitely worth a visit. You can buy clothes, jewellery etc. that someone else has made or you can buy materials and make something yourself. I got to go last year but because of the birthday celebrations will miss out this year but if you have time I recommend you go down and have a look.

Comments

Popular Posts