This week I love...

What can only be described as a very stressful week at work (though you might not see it behind my smile) I am more than happy that today is finally Friday and I can switch to relaxation mode. I bet a lot of you are feeling the same. So, here's to a fabulous, relaxing and inspiring weekend.

Let's have a look at some of the shining rays of hope of the past week that have brought happiness and joy among all the stress and chaos.

1. The new pictures on my desk have delighted me every day after I come home from work. Last Sunday I had a look at pages and pictures I've saved from different interior magazines and made a new collage for my desk. I have an old desk that had an ugly grey leather top that was replaced with glass and now it's a great place for a mood board. 
The pictures are a mix of inspiring homes, beautiful flowers and gorgeous details. If you look closely you can see the homes of Malene Birger and the "ordinary" homes of a Finnish hair salon/interior boutique owner Pia (you can read her blog here) and a Swedish couple whose home was on Drömhem & Trädgård. I've added in some crafting buttons and a paper ruler to add a bit of fun. And the best part is, when I get bored I can just lift up the glass, change all the pictures and be inspired and delighted by a whole new set of images.




2. Speaking of Pia, I visited her hair salon/interior boutique on Thursday. She used to have a little shop called Sisustajan Taivas (= Decorator's Heaven) that you might have heard of but she sold it off a few months ago and has started a new business alongside her "day job". Sisustajan Taivas also operated an online shop and presumably took up too much of her time so she downgraded and now runs a hair salon and a boutique in the same address. And quite skillfully combines both. The selection is a combination of old and new - her blogger friends bring things there to sell for a kind of a flea market and she also stocks some selected Jeanne D'Arc Living goods etc. She also sells linen tunics and bags that are her own design. You can read more from her blog here.
I bought this amazing jewellery box and a little rattan tray that she suggested I put under a glass cover and when I came home it was a perfect fit with the cover I already had.



3. If you're still looking for those perfect Easter touches for your home, look no further than H&M Home's new yellow cushion covers, Jack Rabbit kitchen towels and napkins or how about a yellow linen tablecloth? Have a look in here for more inspiration...

4. I found these DIY "Lace Bowl" instructions on, where else, but Pinterest and I had to include them here this week. It seems that the names of the things that you need are in German (?) but I'm pretty sure that you can get the hang of it by just looking at the pictures. The only thing I'm not sure of is the liquid used in the end to cover it, some kind of glaze, I suppose. Any ideas?
I just thought that it looked so cute that I had to share this with you. I will definitely be trying this as soon as possible. Maybe even as soon as this weekend...




5. This week's number five is something not strictly decorating related but so incredibly cute I cannot describe it so I will let the picture do the talking. I have it saved on my computer under my new kitten. :) I hope that this will make you smile for the whole weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts