This week I love...

What a week it has been. Things at work are just... weird, I guess, and I just hope that me and the people that I work with will cope with everything that's going on. But I will forget all about work this weekend when I will head out tomorrow morning to my friend's hen party (also known as bachelorette party). A weekend of girly fun and lovely company is just what I need. Very much looking forward to just relax and enjoy the sunshine... or will it be snow? I hope the weather forecast was wrong when they were talking about snow and -10. It's meant to be spring, don't you know?!

Right, let's get down to business and have a look at this weeks other interesting topics.

1. I think it's the upcoming Easter but also the first signs of spring that make me crave for some colour in my home. Though I've already almost settled on green I still secretly dream about some yellow. It must be the sun that makes me wish I could have some of that energizing, refreshing yellow in my home. And it's surprisingly easy to use. Here's some examples I found...



Yellow and grey look great together and can be used everywhere from the living room (above) to the kitchen (right). The only real thinking you have to do is when you choose your shade of yellow. The spectrum goes from a very pale pastel yellow to a golden mustard yellow and has a variety of shades in between to suit a lot of rooms. And a lot of tastes.


Yellow looks great used either as just an accent, say a cushion or even just a bunch of flowers, or as a more prominent feature like this pale yellow crib.
 

2. With Easter and the many spring birthday parties approaching a lot of you are probably setting tables or at least planning to, for friends and family to visit. I saw this idea and instantly fell in love. It is quite romantic, it was originally meant as a wedding table setting but I think it could work in everyday life as well.

I love seeing different ideas for table settings. I haven't had too many dinner parties yet to try them out but I always store ideas for that next time someone will sit down at my table.  









3. This week's dream home, a real beauty, is one that I spotted at Alvhem Mäkleri's website. I go there every once in a while to see the beautiful houses, dream that I could buy one of them, to get inspired and after drooling over the pictures long enough return to reality and use the great ideas in my own little home. If you're prepared to suffer from serious house envy, you can check out the houses on the website here. This is the one that caught my eye...

I love the light, bright feeling that flows through the house

My favourite tiles are on the walls, I dream about a sink like that and the flooring is just beautiful

I bet you sleep so well in there... so calm

Love the quirky wall art

I found a flaw, well, sort of... I think a bigger set of table and chairs would be better
4. My DIY idea of the week is this branch pendant lamp. Unfortunately, I didn't come up with the idea myself but I absolutely adore it and thought you might like it too... You can find out the inventor and get more info from here.
However, the blog where the invention was originally posted and that has MANY other great ideas is called decor8. Really interesting and bursting with ideas. Yay!

Not too long ago I was at a hardware store with my mum and we were looking at these lamps with just the cord and a big bulb and I didn't really see what the fuss was all about but after seeing this lamp, I've now changed my mind. It don't think it would go in my current home but one day, my friends, one day...



5. This weekend at Helsingin Messukeskus (Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre) they are having one of the most interesting fairs of the year - Oma Koti, Oma Mökki, Oma Piha and Sisusta. A combination of four fairs that covers home, summer cottages/weekend homes, gardening and decorating.

I've been before but will miss it this year due to the hen party but definitely recommend it. All the amazing shops, Loviisan Aitta, Adalmiinan Helmi, Mosa Interiors etc. will be there so lots of beautiful things to look at, ideas to steal and fun time to be had.

Comments

Popular Posts