This week I love...

Happy Easter everyone! It's Good Friday today and I have rested, eaten, enjoyed good company and will go to the sauna later so in my mind I have spent this day exactly the way it was meant to. I wish all weeks would only have four working days. That would be so much better, don't you think?

Tomorrow, a visit to see the relatives in Salo and on Sunday a proper lunch with the family. On Monday I think I will do some little projects in the house - hanging up new tea light holders, organising my craft materials and perhaps I'll even do some painting. Still have that drawer waiting for some paint to make it look decent. We'll see how far I get. From all the resting, that is. :)

Time to have a look at what's been on my mind this week...

1. I have set the table for Easter. Not that I have anyone coming over. Ha hah! But I wanted to do it to put in here and to test out a couple of ideas I had.
The setting is very natural - I used green, brown and beige with clear glass. My gorgeous pasta plates have been accompanied by my new green glasses and wine glasses. Decorations have been contained - flowers in a jar and a birds nest under the dome. Candles come in a pair and I sprinkled some feathers around the jar and candles to emphasise the Easter feeling. I used these old forks that I bought last summer, they're only for display, so perfect for this occasion. I really think it's time I invite someone over to actually have some dinner so I can put all of this practise into good use. Hope you like it and feel free to pinch any ideas you like.


 


2. And here's some ideas from other people... I obviously picked ideas that I liked myself and I seem to lean towards a more natural look. I like decorations and ideas that have been inspired by nature and animals. And colours are a very important part, at least to me. Though I like my white, beige and black I like to use a splash of colour to show the time of year or the occasion.  

I love the little brown bag with 'Enjoy' written (or stamped) on it and the little chocolate eggs inside it but I think my favourite is the last one. It's just so delicate and fresh. Which one do you prefer?  

 


3. Next I'd like to share some inspiring rooms that I have seen recently. See for me, reading other blogs is in some ways always about inspiration. They are a way to find things - it can be certain products, tried and tested ideas, tips on how to do something and also a place to share great (or not so great) experiences.
I don't know about you but I always look at the pictures first. I do read the stories as well but the pictures are what grab me first. They can tell so much more than just words and I think everyone gets inspired differently so the writing can sometimes stop you being creative. If the writing says that the picture is about this or that, you might miss something that you would have picked up on but can't really see anymore because you're concentrating on looking at what the writer wants you to look at.

So, here's a selection of pictures (all from here). I think there's variety and something for everyone there. Feel free to look at whatever you want and I simply hope that you see something you like and something that inspires you. I know, I did...






4. As you might already know I make jewellery. Mainly bracelets but I've made some necklaces, pendants and even some earrings. My favourite part, okay my second favourite part, but right after seeing the finished product is buying the materials. And I thought I'd share a few of my favourite online shops with you. Hope there are some jewellery makers out there...

www.porvoonhelmikammari.net - gorgeous beads and very reasonable prices

www.helmiliina.fi - a bit pricier but has a great variety of different colours

www.helmientalo.fi - what you can't find here, you don't need

www.helmikuume.com - small company with a big heart, beautiful products

www.helmikeskus.net - a vast selection including beautiful pendants and very competitive prices

5. And how about a little DIY to finish this off. I've selected a super easy heart garland that absolutely anyone can do. If you don't want hearts you can use any pattern you like.

First, you will need to make the hearts. In the picture they've used pages from an old book or a newspaper but obviously any paper will do. To make the hearts you have two options - if you're a craft wizard and own a Big Shot, you can use a heart die to make identical hearts quickly and effortlessly. If you haven't got this amazing gadget yet, you can simply cut the hearts with scissors. Make one and use it as a model to make the others.

Once you have enough hearts (and you will need plenty) you can start attaching them to your chosen string - it can be just normal white (or coloured if you want it to show) string or fishing wire would do nicely as well. Glue two hearts together so that the wire is left in the middle and make different length strings. Finally, attach the strings onto a stick. This can be any kind of stick you can find - a branch from a tree will do just as fine as a stick bought from a shop. The strings can be used separately as well and just attached next to one another with for example tape.
That's all for this week. Enjoy the long weekend!!!

Comments

Popular Posts