This week I love...

It's Friday (yay!) and next week Spring is officially going to begin with temperatures predicted to reach up to 15°C (double yay!). Another four day week is behind us, thank you Easter, and it's time to put your feet up and chill.
Or in my case, get ready for a day of running from one shop to another as my mum and I will be spending Helsinki day tomorrow. In fact, let's start this week's favourites with a list of places to visit when in Helsinki...


1. On our shortlist of shops are Peroba, Moko Market, Pihapuoti, Papershop and various other interesting interior shops (Benico, new Missoni Home, Piironki etc.) and maybe a few clothes shops too.

Have you been to any of these shops?? I've only been to Moko Market once before and never in the others. I've seen Peroba A LOT in the interior magazines and my mum, after seeing an ad for Pihapuoti, is interested in that. Papershop, I'm sure, is heaven to me. I love shops like that. Absolutely love! That's all I know and I'm really excited to find out what the other shops are like. And I'm pretty sure that I won't be coming home empty handed...

Moko is currently having Paris weeks. How awesome! The pictures on the left are all from Moko Market. I got them from the Internet but intend to take some myself tomorrow. So, keep an eye out for a little trend forecast...





2. Next, I need to show you my new shelf. I saw a similar one in a magazine recently and decided there and then that I needed to have one too! And luckily I had a plank under my bed that I bought last summer, just waiting for a project like this. I know, I know... Why is there a plank under my bed? Well, I didn't have a better place for it. Or maybe I was just too lazy and never took it down to the cellar. Ha hah! I think both options have some truth in them.

To make it I used the plank, some sturdy wire and two hooks to hang it from. Really simple to do, especially when you have your mum on hand to help. Actually, it might be even simpler without. :) The shelf is really meant for herbs but as I'll be away from home for the next couple of weeks, I don't want to buy any now so I just put some kitchen related stuff on it in the mean time.



3. As I said at the beginning, Spring seems to definitely be on its way and with that people are starting to plan what to do with their garden - what flowers to plant, will there be a vegetable patch etc. or with their balcony/terrace - do I need new furniture or plants, any painting that needs doing etc. Now, these are the lucky people who have one or the other. Me, I don't have either. But I'm sure a lot of you do so I decided to share a few photos of balconies I really liked. I picked quite simple ones with ideas that would work on even the smallest of areas and offer something to everyone. I think the most important thing is to create a space where you can relax, enjoy the sun and hopefully invite someone to sit with you. Some plants or pretty flowers will always add to the experience as will a pretty rug. Which one is your favourite?

4. This week's DIY requires some patience (okay, a fair bit of patience), a stencil and a steady hand but will reward you with a gorgeous and trendy cushion cover. The best part - you can personalise it to your taste by choosing your favourite quote, poem, song lyrics... whatever you want!

You will need:
  • fabric for the cushion cover (or a ready made cover)
  • an alphabet stencil
  • a pen and
  • a marker that's waterproof and suitable to use on fabric.
Then all you have to do is choose your text. This is definitely the fun part and the possibilities are endless. The picture shows a text long enough to cover the whole cushion but you can obviously just choose a sentence or two. Then, onto the part that requires the patience - stencilling in the letters and words, first with pen and then with the marker. If you feel confident, you can go straight for the marker but I'm definitely too much of a perfectionist to risk any mistakes and would do it first with pen, then with the marker.

These kind of cushions seem to be really in right now and this is a great way to get one that no one else will have!
5. Last but not least is a little heads up. A fabulous event is taking place soon...

Sisustuskirppis
(An interior themed flea market) is taking place on Sunday 22 April 12-14.00.
Address: Pratikankuja 13, 01900 Nurmijärvi  

It's organised by Riitta who runs Wanilla Rose - a gorgeous little shop with a lovely blog to go with it. There will also be several other people at the event selling their amazing but now unwanted decorating goodies. It'll be amazing, I'm sure.

For more information, click here.  


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! ENJOY AND RELAX. 



Comments

Popular Posts