This week I love...

Hello lovelies! Sun is shining, the birds are singing and it's not that cold anymore. I couldn't quite say that it's warm yet but it's not cold so that means that finally... spring is here and summer is well on its way. Yay!! It's making me so happy and I'm just on a great mood all the time.

I'm a child of spring - my birthday is actually tomorrow, and I think that explains why I love the spring time so much. My favourite part... The afternoon/early evening sun that shines into my living room and into my bedroom making my white home look so beautiful. It enhances the white and makes it look soft and hazy, almost dream like. And the sun light is totally free. The best decorating element of all. :)

Well, before I get to celebrating, let's have a look at what's been going on this week. Other than hours and hours spent on Pinterest... I bet in the future there'll be Pinterest Anonymous and my family will make me join. Ha hah!

1. I have spoken about my new decorating colour, BLUE, quite a lot but I haven't shown many pictures of what it looks like in real life. Well, truth be told, I haven't used that much blue that it would drastically alter the look in here but more used it as splashes of colour to brighten the place up.

This is what I've done so far... I've used flowers on the cushions that are on the sofa. These were actually just 2,99€/ea from H&M Home. So cheap and I really like them. And they come in pink/peach too, if anyone is interested. On the wooden sofa, next to the dining table, I have different blues - a swirly flower pattern paired with a letter cushion that has just a hint of blue in the stamp and on the other end a denim cushion with ruffles.

I really love that denim one and I'm already planning to collect a selection of different kinds of cushions in a similar theme and that one will definitely be included. At the moment the collection is only in my head but that's where the best ideas get started, don't you think?!  
























2. As I'm sure is clear to everyone by now, I spend a lot of my time in Pinterest. My favourite section is obviously Home Decor and I have found soooo many inspiring, beautiful, stunning and creative pictures that I am more motivated to start up my own shop (eventually), write this blog and maybe one day a book (who knows) and just really try my luck at anything and everything decorating and interior related than ever. I thought I'd share some of these find with you and this week I'll show you some fab kitchens I've found:

This kitchen has my favourite tiles and the lights are amazing
The shiny silver just looks so great with all the grey
I think all the pots and pans is a bit much but it looks so beautiful - definite country chic



A gorgeous country style kitchen in the cutest mint colour


Just so cool!

3. As I hope to one day have my own little shop I like to give praise to others who have already achieved this dream. Loftis is a small life style boutique in Punavuori, Helsinki. It was started by two girls - one of them the sister of my co-worker. That's actually how I found out about this quirky little shop. Their selection is a mix between new and modern scandinavian design and old vintage and retro items. In the same space with the cute little shop they also offer upholstery and sewing services.
They're open Mon-Thu 10-18 and Fri 10-17.

They also offer internet shopping and for a few more days everything is -20% - until 30 April 2012. So, go and have a look.

4. Have you heard of or seen wallpapers by Eijffinger?! If you haven't yet, it's about time.
This Dutch company designs and produces wallpapers and interior fabrics (some of which are co-ordinated to match with the wallpapers). Their own design studio and designers follow trends and produce collections that delight with their stunning colours, prints and patterns. There's something for everyone from classic to colourful and all the collections are of the highest quality and unimitable design.

5. It'll be Labour Day (VAPPU) on Monday and Finland will go crazy. It seems to be the favourite holiday of us Finns, right after Christmas.

On Monday there will be celebrations of all kinds - most of them made even merrier by various amounts of alcohol. And then on Tuesday a traditional Labour Day picnic will take place in Kaivopuisto, Helsinki.

Me and my friends from the polytechnic I went to always have a picnic together. I haven't obviously made it every year but this year I'll definitely be there and this is what I'll bring. Pretty in pink - plastic fork and knife attached with washi tape (I presume) to water bottles. How cute!!





HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! I HOPE IT'LL BE SUNNY AND RELAXING!

 

Comments

Popular Posts