This week I love...

Hello blog readers! How has your week been? I've been away, working in another town this week. It's been a lot of fun, mainly thanks to the people I've got to work with. But now I'm back at home.
Oh, how I've missed my beautiful home. And my computer. Trying to update a blog, pin pictures on Pinterest and surf the Internet on my phone has been quite a challenge. So, shall we have a look at this week's new and interesting finds, stories and ideas?!

1. I think it's no secret that I am crazy about lamps. I have a lamp in every room (obviously) but I also have a spare lamp for all of those somewhere in my cupboards and closets. I have a chandelier in the hallway, a black lace lamp shade in the bedroom etc. and as second choice I have, among many, a small round glass lamp and a big lightbulb with a black cord.

I love the decanter lights on the left. How awesome would this be in the dining room or in a kitchen? Totally, I think.




But this week I've seen some awesome light fixtures while out shopping. Here's a few I liked...

H&M


PEROBA

H&M
 2. Last Saturday my mum and I spent a lovely day out together shopping in Helsinki. We went to a bunch of different interior stores including Peroba, Pino and Moko Market. During the day I was on the lookout for the new 'it' products, colours or materials. I think the stores that we went to were all quite different - Peroba was quite industrial, Moko Market has a huge variety of styles and products and Pihapuoti was distinctively rustic and romantic. And this is what I found...

  • Zinc/sheet metal (sinkki/pelti) - this was the material I saw used in a variety of products. I saw old milk cans, cabinets with glass doors (below) and candle holders all made from some sort of metal. It's often used in its normal silvery colour but it seems that black is another popular colour. Top three qualities - light weight, fits in both an industrial and in a more romantic home and durability.

  • Lilac - this seems to be the colour that's used for everything from bedding to paper and from candles to jewellery. And this one is a particular favourite of mine as well as I really like all the pale shades of purple.







 





  • Printed cushions - texts, numbers and pictures in cushion covers are very popular at the moment. I think the best thing about them is that they're easy to combine with what you already have in the house and you can really express yourself with a cushion that's got either your favourite saying or a picture that means a lot to you.

3. Ever wanted to go to Paris? Now you can and the best part - it'll cost you absolutely nothing. As you guessed, there is a catch. You will have to create it yourself! You can get the materials for this cute set from here and voila. You will have a mini Paris in your home.

4. So, this summer you will definitely be growing those herbs that you've been talking about for ages, right? Great but how will you know which one is which? Well, let me suggest that you make (or buy) something like this and you can name your herbs in style. I saw these on Pinterest but I believe you can buy them here or if you're good with your hands why not make them yourself?
5. There is one particular thing about Spring that I really, really enjoy... It's time for one of the best flea markets I know to open its doors again. A massive indoor flea market in a football hall in Myyrmäki will be held this spring on the following dates:
21.-22.4. / 28.-29.4. / 5.-6.5. / 19-20.5. / 26.-27.5. /
Doors open at 10 and here's a piece of advice, be there at 10. There will be a crowd already at 10 and the best stuff will go fast. Bring cash but keep your money in a safe place. It's a pick pockets dream. You can find more info here.

Comments

Popular Posts