This week I love...

...summer! I love that it's finally started. Properly. This week, every day has been more beautiful and warmer than the day before and tomorrow one of my best friends is getting married and I really hope that the weather will stay the same. I'm so excited and so very happy for her. Her wedding is in Suomenlinna, an incredible venue and knowing her style and taste I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything looks. Yay!! *smile*

In honour, of my friend's wedding, my list of interesting and inspiring things this week will be wedding influenced. I'm not married... yet. But I do keep an inspirational folder of wedding ideas in Pinterest and all of the pictures that you'll be seeing are from there. If you want to have a closer look, click here.

1. Seeing as this is an interiors blog I think I'll start with venues and decorations.
There are soooo many choices here. I guess the most popular route is a ceremony in a church followed by dinner and dancing somewhere close by. Obviously there are as many places and opinions on what's best as there are couples. Here's a few ideas on how to decorate and a rather surprising choice for the ceremony is coming up too...

Fairy lights are an inexpensive and easy way to create a magical atmosphere. I absolutely love the feeling in this photo. Definitely something I could do at my own wedding.

A barn wedding!!! I would've never thought of it myself but after seeing various pictures from ceremonies and dinners in barns I have now totally started to love the idea. The rustic environment is perfect for a relaxed and personal wedding. And not a pig in sight...

 I almost didn't want to put this picture here so that no one steals my idea. Well, it's certainly not my idea but I'm guessing I'd be the first one of my friends to do this... if I could pull it off. Can you guess what the fabric on the ceiling is? It's a parachute! I think this is the the most stunning piece of decoration I've ever seen. I know that's a lot to say it's the best ever but that's how I feel. At least at the moment. :)
2. Next, my favourite, flowers. More specifically the bridal bouquet. For a long time I had my heart set on white calla lilies for my big day but I've changed my mind since and at the moment (I might still change it) I would pick peonies and maybe something else... What did you have? Or what would you like to have?

Ranunculus


Dahlia


Peony


 Or how about a bouquet that won't wilt and one that you can keep as a memory of your big day forever? A growing trend - fabric flowers decorated with (usually vintage) brooches. As much as I love flowers, I really like this idea!


3. Let's have a little look at invitations next. I seem to currently love everything vintage and invites are no exception. Show a little bit of lace and I'm already oohing and aahing at delight. I'm sure you can guess which one I love but what's your style?

CHEERFUL IN COLOURS

 VINTAGE IN LACE
CLASSIC IN STRIPES


















4. I think it's about time we look at something sparkly. The ring.
In Finland, couples more or less just agree to get engaged and then go and get very simple bands for both the girl and the boy. Whereas in America and also in England, the boy is expected to save up and buy a ring, often with some serious bling.

While I lived in England I read somewhere that three months salary was a good price for the ring. What??!!! I think that's just a little bit excessive and I absolutely love my ring though I know it definitely didn't cost three months salary.

Here's some sparklers I've found. Start dropping the hints, girls.


Eternity rings - my favourite
A pearl ring - classic and beautiful
A vintage ring - did it belong to a family member before? Even better.
5. Yes, the last one is the dress. For most brides this is the most important part and after this has been decided, everything else will smoothly follow. With dresses everything goes and I've heard that you often have a dress in mind that you're looking for but after seeing "The One" all that goes out of the window and even the girl with the simplest most modern style can choose a lacy dream dress.
The range is wide and where one likes to have a frothy princess dream, another will adore her simple short sheath dress. You can even have a pink dress these days, though I guess most brides still opt for different shades of white.
I saw my friends dress at her last fitting and it's spectacular and so incredibly beautiful. These dresses are also rather beautiful, don't you think?




HAVE A BEAUTIFUL, SUNNY AND RELAXING WEEKEND!!!!
I'LL SHOW YOU SOME PHOTOS FROM THE WEDDING SOON...

Comments

Popular Posts