Summer blues... in Ikea


I am so excited... The cause for this excitement is a new collection from Ikea (yes, I did say Ikea).
The collection, called "Kollektion Blå" (The Blue Collection), is a limited designer collection. I know what you're thinking, I didn't know Ikea did designer collections either but clearly they do.

From Southern India comes a mix of some already familiar items that you might have seen in Ikea before with some new additions, like a hammock.

The idea behind this collection was to create something that "will surprise and excite you with its mix of interesting materials".


  Beautiful shades of vibrant blue and turquoise can be found throughout the collection and the influence is definitely Eastern.
I think, this would look so incredible on a terrace/patio area. However, seeing as I don't have a terrace, or even a balcony, this will have to fit into my living room or bedroom (or maybe both).

  
 What are your favourite pieces?
I love the big floor cushions! They are amazing.
I also really like the rugs. Especially the one in the picture above.
And the three tier tray in the first picture looks quite awesome as well.  


The collection will be available from 1 June 2012
in the following countries:
Australia
Czech Republic
Finland
Germany
Great Britain
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Kuwait
Malaysia
the Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Singapore
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Thailand
and the United Arab Emirates

See you in Ikea!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts