This week I love...

...the weekends leading up to Christmas. There are so many places to visit - shops, cities, fairs and also friends' houses. You can feel the warmth and happiness everywhere you go and it just seems that people are generally much happier. There's also a lot to do. I've been working for quite a few weekends already making cards and jewellery. And there's plenty more of those weekends to come. I'm hoping to have a little party at home where I could sell some stuff to my friends and neighbours... More about that later.

Now, it's time to check out what I've found this week...

1. I ♥ faux fur
As the nights get colder outside, I'm going to get out my fur blanket and smaller sheepskins. They instantly bring softness and warmth to the house. Exactly what you need! And coupled with candles, there's nothing better. There are quite a few options out there and today I did a little comparison... I chose the familiar Ludde sheepskin from Ikea and compared it with a gorgeous long haired sheepskin from Ellos. Similar yet different - which one is your favourite! Or do you perhaps have another favourite that you would like to share with all of us??



2. I ♥ DIY
I've been dying to find out how to make this gorgeous garland and now I finally now. This will be perfect for the baby's corner. Obviously, it would also work at birthday parties and even Christmas. And just look how easy it is to make. I found the instructions on Pinterest and knew that I had to share them with you 'cause surely at least one of you wants to make this as well, right?!


3. I ♥ this house
Who is soooo lucky that they have that kind of space to sit and enjoy the fire??? How unfair! The bedroom is gorgeous too. Those grey walls are just what I want. Luckily, there's some justice in the world and the kitchen isn't quite that nice. Ha hah! Lots of pretty pictures ahead... Stadshem has more, if you want to see them.









4. I ♥ glitter
We were just discussing glitter nails at work and I thought what better time to share it with you than the festive season. Lots of parties ahead and lots of opportunities to sparkle! Glitter nails aren't just for parties though, they work just as well in everyday life and last longer than normal polish as well. Be creative and use glitter as much or as little as you want. There are lots of different styles and designs to choose from.

I was also informed by my colleague that Sephora now stocks a nail polish removal pot made specifically for glitter nails. Thanks, J! I bet you're all struggling to remove it (I know I do!) and this pot is the answer. Unfortunately, there isn't a Sephora in Finland and as far as I know you can't order from there either but a quick trip to Sweden is all you need. :)


5. I ♥ Christmas
I put this last as it is a little bit early for Christmas stuff yet but I just couldn't resist. Nina from Stylizimo blog had tested some H&M Home Christmas goodies in her own home and the pictures were just too beautiful not to share. Hope you get some inspiration from this to your Christmas decorations. I know I did! All pictures are from Nina's blog, here.

That's that and now I'm off to enjoy the weekend!





Comments

Popular Posts