My favourites of the week...

So, I'm changing this Friday blog update a little... From now on there'll always be five of my favourite bits from the week - the things people are talking about, things that I have seen, heard or bought and lots of other interesting news and as you can see, it'll be in English.

Shall we get started then?

1. Sibella Court's Etcetera book is my number one today. Now, I know it's not new but it is still one of the most amazing and inspiring books that I have seen. I love looking at the pictures and finding something new every time. Sibella's style is eclectic and also a lot of fun. If you haven't got the book already, you can order it from Book Depository with free delivery.



2. Have you noticed how all the interior magazines are showing pastel colours on the cover in January? I suppose it's all about spring now and what better way to show that in your home than bringing in a bit of pastel magic. Last summer I did pink but I'm thinking of lavender this year. Here's some ideas on how to introduce a splash of colour to your home.





3. Next up a bit of DIY. These cute little candle holders are super easy to make.
All you need is:
  • empty glass jars 
  • glue - preferably a thick glue that's normally used for wood etc. (in Finland, Erikeeper is perfect)
  • water
  • sugar 
And this is what to do... Take some glue and pour on to the glass jar, dip your finger in the water and start spreading the glue evenly onto the surface. The water thins the glue and makes it more transparent. When the jar is covered with the glue, sprinkle it with sugar. Finally, you can add a ribbon if you want. Here's what they look like.



4. Home Bazaar is a new interior shop in Espoo. I know, there aren't many shops like this in Espoo so I was really excited when I read about it. It's situated in Saunalahti (Kurttilantie 13) and has an interesting mix of vintage and new things. I haven't been yet but will definitely go soon.

You can soon shop online too. www.homebazaar.fi

5. Save the date... Helmiplaneetta ja Leimailutaivas is on 4 February. A double event full of beads, crystals, jewellery parts etc. on one side and on the other side stamps, papers, stickers etc. It's in Aktia Sport Center, Masala. I went last year and it was awesome so I definitely recommend it to everyone who makes jewellery or is into making scrapbooks and cards.

Have a great weekend everyone!!! Hope it's going to be a productive one. :)




Comments

Popular Posts