My favourites of the week...

Thank god it's Friday!!! I'm sure that's a sentiment a lot of you share with me. It is the last day of the working week and it's time to relax and get ready for two days of rest. Well, rest for some and maybe some shopping, painting, decorating etc. for others.

This week's favourites are little things but they will all either make a big impact or at least put a smile on your face.

1. My absolute favourite thing this week are mr and mrs bunny that I got from work. They are rather big, probably about 30cm in height and made of plastic, I guess. And so cute. I'm dreaming of having a collection of bunny figurines for Easter. The only thing is, I would like the collection to look like I've been collecting them for years. Ha hah!! Well, at least I have a beginning now... Anyone else getting ready for Easter already or is it just me?

 

2. At number two is this week's DIY - bunting. You will need either paper or cloth, preferably with different prints and patterns and you might want some plain ones too. A ribbon, rope or string to hang the "flags" on and if you're using paper you will also need glue. All kinds of embellishments - glitter, stickers etc. are optional but obviously will make it more personal to you and to the occasion your making the bunting for.

It's super simple. You will need to make one flag, in the shape of a diamond (much easier to glue in the end, trust me) and then use that to cut the others. Then fold the diamonds in half and hang them on the ribbon to see what order you will want to place them. When you've decided on the order, get gluing.


 

For my HOME bunting I used a Papermania pack of black and white printed papers and four pieces of black plain paper. I used a stencil for the letters and a black organza ribbon to hang the "flags" on. It's still hanging on the doors as I haven't glued it yet. Ha hah!! Thankfully the weekend is now here so I have time to finally do that.

3. Winter, snow, cold... and beautiful scenery, don't you agree? It has finally snowed properly in here and everywhere looks so beautiful. I quickly took a couple of shots on my way home from work and will definitely take some more this weekend. I especially love the trees and their branches covered with snow. Stunning!


4. I have to share this awesome website that collects together the most beautiful houses in one place and guess who lives in them? The people who write all the amazing decorating blogs. And you can be sure that their houses are gorgeous, inspiring and very, very beautiful. 

It was started by the Norwegian blogger, Nina, who I definitely consider a big inspiration. She writes a blog and now runs this website too. You can just look at the pictures or why not sign up and download your own in there too. Every Thursday Nina features in her blog the best offices, kitchens, or whatever the theme is that week, and the pictures are selected from the website. Definitely worth a visit. www.stylizimo.com

5. H&M Home on Aleksanterinkatu in Helsinki has gone through a mini facelift and the shopfloor is now divided into different rooms - living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. I think it makes shopping easier and matching items are presented right next to one another, again making it more convenient to find what you're looking for. Why not go visit and have a look this weekend?

I can also reveal that something very exciting is coming up in the world of H&M Home this autumn... Unfortunately, I can't reveal anything more yet but I'll make sure that when I know more, so will you.




HAVE A LOVELY, RELAXING AND INSPIRATIONAL WEEKEND!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts