This week I love...

It's Friday!! How has your week been? I've had a really nice week and I'm also looking forward to having a great weekend with lots of nice activities planned. Tomorrow, I get to show off our home to some visiting relatives, go to a birthday party and on Sunday celebrate my little brother's birthday by going to the Natural History Museum. Yay!

But let's get down to business now. The five interesting, inspiring, fun and beautiful things of this week...

1. Spring flowers. I know, that it's snowy and cold outside but I see a lot of you (judging by the blog updates) are starting to bring a little bit of spring home with flowers.

It seems that the big favourite is the ranunculus (=jaloleinikki). I do like it myself as well but haven't really thought of them as an option when shopping for flowers. Until I moved back to Finland. It's clearly the it flower at the moment. Well, actually my aunt, the florist, said it has been for a while now so it seems I'm a little bit behind with this. Lucky then, she gave me some the last time I saw her. Made me feel very on trend. Hah!

The other beauties in many homes are the beautiful pink peonies (=pioni), white or blue muscari or grape hyacinths (=helmililja) and pastel hydrangea (=hortensia).

And lucky for all of us flower lovers, Ikea is doing a big offer on all spring flowers. ",50€ and a lot of varieties available. I will be heading there to get a muscari asap.




2. Every time I open the computer I check up on certain blogs. I'm sure a lot of you do the same. Obviously I hope that this is one of them for you but I thought I'd share my favourites. Do we read the same blogs?
  • Stylizimo is written by a Norwegian girl, Nina, who has a beautiful home and she takes gorgeous pictures to show it off to its best. This one is my favourite and a big source of inspiration. She also recently started a website, that I featured on last weeks "This week I love..." 
  • Mrs Jones is my latest find. Written by a Finnish girl, Jonna, a journalist, stylist, designer, her blog is full of beautiful pictures that feature interiors, beauty and fashion. Apparently, she's also always on the lookout for gorgeous homes to shoot.. You can send her pictures and who knows, maybe next she'll come and shoot your home for one of the interior magazines? Visit her blog for more details.
  • House of Philia is written by a real yummy mummy Petra, a Swedish mum of three, who has the most amazing home. The blog is mostly about interiors but has a bit of fashion thrown in every once in a while.

3. I bought some amazing craft materials today. From Tiimari. I remember going there as a kid and buying pencils and pretty erasers, stickers and all kinds of other stuff that little girls love. Nowadays, it still has all of that in there but has added a really good craft material section to its selection. I got a pad with pastel papers, a pack with various pale flowery papers and some die-cut papers too. They were really cheap AND they had an offer where you got -20% off all craft materials. If you're into making your own cards, scrapbooking etc. I strongly recommend you check it out!

4. Koiramäen Pajutalli is a combination of an interior shop and a farm. It's got an old main house where the shop and a little cafe have been set up. The house is surrounded by outbuildings that offer a variety of stuff from a kids play area to a bunny house.
It all started when an engineer and an accountant wanted to work closer to nature and by using what the nature had to offer. In this case, wicker. They make everything from baskets to animals and sell it all in one of the stables. You can even rent out one of the buildings for a party, if you want to. You want to know more, check it out here.

5. This week's number five is a couple of pictures from my work space. Or more specifically, the pictures are of my office supplies, if that's the right word. They are from the Palaset collection and I have the paper tray, folder, tape holder and a little box. The paper tray and folder I got from my best friend's mum and the tape holder and the little box I bought from a flea market a couple of weeks ago. They go really well with a variety of styles and I especially like how they bring a bit of a modern touch to my old desk.

That's it for this week, my lovelies. Next week I'll make sure there's another DIY in there and as for the rest of it, I don't know yet. Let's see what the week brings... Have a great weekend!!!  



Comments

Popular Posts