This week I love...

It's Friday and time for my weekly selection of the beautiful and inspiring. The week has flown by... I can't quite believe it's Friday again. Feels like it was just yesterday. Let's hope the weeks towards spring and summer keep rolling on this quick and we'll get there in no time. Yesterday, for the first time, I heard the birds do their little songs. A definite sign of spring approaching, I think.

Right, let's have a look at this week's finds...

Picture from Pinterest
 1. I love pearls and I have much more than one person needs. So, I was naturally delighted when I saw this rustic and very inventive way of displaying them. Of course, you can display any necklaces on it. The pearls just really appealed to me. I need to organise my jewellery soon anyway so ideas like this are more than welcome. Now all I need is to find one of them somewhere. Somehow, I feel that's not going to be the easiest of tasks...
2. Number two this week is Pinterest - an online pinboard where you can organise and share things you love. I've been hearing so many people talk about it that I had to check it out and I'm really glad I did as I found lots and lots of gorgeous pictures and ideas. One of them, the picture above. You can find anything from decorating to weddings and from cooking to babies. Have a look and create your own pinboard while your at it.

3. Butterflies... They seem to be everywhere. They're in frames, stickers, papers and posters. And on the pages of interior magazines. If you remember, my DIY bit last week was how to make a butterfly frame and I found this set of three frames from Country By Mail that's very similar. And I want it!
I'm going to try and use stamps to make something like this during the weekend. I'll keep you posted on what happened...


Picture from Pinterest
4. Do you love wrapping presents and making them as beautiful as the present inside? I do. And this made me green with envy... As soon as I live in a house where I have an extra closet or cupboard you can be sure that I will have this inside it. How amazing!! I'm thinking of doing my ribbons like this already. They'll take roughly the same amount of space but will be much easier to use. And they'll look so pretty!!














5. I have to get this in here, though it has absolutely nothing to do with decorating but it was definitely one of the things I love this week - the new little princess. Crown princess Victoria of Sweden and her husband Prince Daniel have had a baby girl and the little lady was today named Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary. As we don't have royalty in Finland, we very much consider Victoria to be our princess too. Many congratulations to the happy couple and the new addition to their family!!



And a fabulous weekend to you all!! Relax, enjoy and have fun!!!  

Comments

Popular Posts