This week I love...

It is Friday!!! This week has definitely had its ups and downs but it's over and now is the time to celebrate the weekend. Or in the case of this blog update, the week that has gone and all the lovely things that have come up... So, shall we get started and have a look at what has caught my attention this week?!

Olsson & Jensen
1. Spring, spring, spring... No, I haven't gone crazy. I know it looks very wintery outside (in Finland, that means snow and
-20) but inside it's a whole different story. Just like we like to bring some spring into our homes, the interior shops are working hard to provide all that spring freshness to us.

An e-mail that I got this week declared that spring had arrived to Mosa Interiors. This is by far one of my favourite shops in Finland as it really stands out with a great selection and variety of brands they stock and the price level that seems decent compared to some of the shops out there. Some of the brands they stock include Watt&Veke that does lighting, Olsson&Jensen with everything from furniture to small necessities and The Pearl Affection of Stockholm that provides them with beautiful jewellery.  

What's your favourite interior shop? Please share your secret with us...


Watt&Veke
2. Black and white in Copenhagen...  As I walked through the wind and snow and finally arrived home, it was made all the more lovely by the new Maalaisunelma magazine that I found lying on the doormat. This gorgeous home in Copenhagen totally captivated me. The owner, Gitte Mengel, has used french antique furniture mixed with a few new design pieces and created a very inspiring atmosphere. No wonder, as she works in the interior business.

I'm definitely liking the black and white combination more and more in my own home as well. The living room at the moment is dominated by those two colours and I really like the feel they create.

Back to Gitte's amazing home. Have a look at what she has done with the classic black and white...



 

3. This week's DIY is very similar to something I made a while back... Only this time in miniature size. I mentioned earlier this week that I had cleaned the house and all that was not done was the update of the decorative wreath on the door. So, I thought I'll make a little bunting to go on it.

You will need a selection of papers, a stencil (or you can do it freehand if you prefer), pens and a ribbon of your choice and your good to go. Make little triangles, put one letter on each triangle and finally glue onto the ribbon and voila - a cute little bunting is ready to be hung onto the door.


 



4. Valentine's Day 14th February...The day for lovers and for friends is soon upon us and means that you should start thinking about a way to bring a little joy to your loved ones and show them that they are important to you. A handmade card is always appreciated... as is jewellery. *hint hint* Just in case my boyfriend is reading this. :) I will be making cards this weekend and will display some in here next week.



5. At Home With Country is a beautiful book I got for Christmas. Written by Christina Strutt who's the head of Cabbages & Roses, a company that makes the most beautiful vintage inspired textiles, it shows her own products in the best possible light in a variety of homes from city high-rises to seaside cottages, the great manor homes of England to the smallest beach house on the other side of the Atlantic.

Her other books include Home-Made Vintage and Romantic Home Sewing. I haven't got these yet but if they're anything like this book, they will end up in my bookshelf.

That's all this week...
HAVE A LOVELY, INSPIRING, RELAXING AND HAPPY WEEKEND!!!


Comments

Popular Posts