This week I love...

Hello everyone! Well, Friday is almost turning to Saturday as I'm writing this but I was having dinner with my best friend, who's visiting from England, and then went to the sauna, as you do on a Friday, so I'm getting to the blog a bit later today.

Hope everyone's had a great week and a lovely Valentine's Day. I had a little Valentine's Day party for some family and friends. Good company, beautiful surroundings and some treats. What more could you ask for? And last weekend I got to go to my fave flea market. Let's have a look at some of my findings and get this thing started...

1. Flea market finds... So, last Saturday we went to Salo. We go there to visit relatives but for me it's also about getting to visit my favourite flea market, Radiokirppis. I can't believe the stuff that people sell in there and for what price. I bought so many amazing things there. The ones pictures are a hanging tea light holder which I bought a pair of, some super cute craft buttons and a beautiful minty green metallic sugar jar. In addition to these I also bought a gorgeous old round mirror. It's soooo beautiful. I think my next collection will be mirrors. Ha hah!


2. A bit of DIY next...  I was flicking through a Finnish interior magazine when I saw a picture of a frame collage. It had different frames, pictures etc. (similar to the ones in my earlier blog post) and one of the frames had butterflies pinned in it. You know, in a way that collectors and museums and things pin them. Well, as I don't have, nor do I want, real butterflies I used some paper ones to make one for myself. I think it looks really nice and you can colour match the butterflies to your chosen colour theme, if you want to.

You need:
  • a frame, preferably one with slightly higher edges
  • some paper butterflies
  • paper of your choice, plain white or coloured, for the background
  • double sided foam tape
To make it, you simply use the tape to attach the butterflies to the background paper. You might want to use two pieces to really lift the butterfly. Then take the glass off the frame (leave it out completely) and put the paper in and voila, you're ready and now have yourself a cute butterfly frame.


3. Presents... My mum is so amazing. I got her two spoon print jars by Habitat from Stockman for Valentine's Day but she went a bit bigger and got me a rug. I've been admiring it for a while now and now she got it for me. Yay!

It comes in grey which is the one I chose and it also comes in beige. Both very beautiful. I wanted the grey as it goes better with my sofa. This may surpirise you but the rug is actually from Anttila. I know, they don't have this kind of stuff too often but this is definitely worth a visit.












4. Remember when I said I was collecting bunnies for Easter? Well, mr and mrs bunny are finally getting some company after I found this cute bunny from Stockmann on my shopping trip. I was so pleased as I've had a really difficult time finding any bunnies. It's quite small, about 10cm in height but very heavy as it's made from iron and really cute. :)

















5. For a wannabe jewellerymaker this workspace is like a picture from heaven. I saw this on stylizimo.com, a website, where bloggers and interior enthusiasts can upload and share photos from their homes. I love how all the beads, tools etc. are in perfect order and I'm sure you can find everything instantly as it's so organised. It belongs to Christelle dit Christensen and you can find more pictures on stylizimo.com.

Comments

Popular Posts