This week I love...

Moi, Hej, Hello, Bonjour, Hola...
Another week has passed and it is time for my favourite part of the week - the weekend. :) This weekend I'll be seeing my aunt, my cousin, his wife and their new baby and other relatives, visiting my favourite flea market (Radiokirppis in Salo) and hopefully starting a DIY project at home.
I've got a wooden drawer, literally just raw wood, that desperately needs painting. But I haven't done it yet as I can't really decide if it should be black or white. So, this weekend I'm trying to decide and get the project going. Hope you have something nice planned as well.

I think it's about time to have a look at the fab five of this week...

1. My new necklace and matching bracelet. Last weekend I bought all these new beads, crystals, pendants etc. from the jewellery fair so obviously I had to make something out of them as soon as possible. I already mentioned that I made a necklace for my aunt for her birthday but last night I also made a necklace and a bracelet for myself. Well, you must get some jewellery yourself if you're making them for others as well, right?! I used white glass beads, clear crystals and small silver beads to lighten it up. I made a place for a pendant and at the moment the necklace has a cross on it.


2. Last Sunday I went to a flea market near where we live with my mum and dad. Normally, it's not very good at all but if you look carefully sometimes there's treasures to be found. And this time it was this cute little white cup.
It's a replica of a Finnish design and as it happens my parent have (in their extensive collection) a lovely pair of white candlesticks that match it perfectly. Yay! I think I need to borrow them very soon...

I need to tell you about something else I saw in there. The most beautiful ring - yellow gold with a pink topaz, from the 50's. So incredible! I tried it on, it fits like a glove but is a bit expensive seeing as I don't really need it. But I do REALLY want it. Ha hah! I went to see it again on Thursday and it was still there and the man even said that he could hold it for me if I want to buy it but can't quite afford it now. I think I might have to take his offer. Oh, it's sooooo beautiful. It could be my wedding ring. Well, I'm not sure if I'd want my wedding ring to have a pink stone so perhaps not but I love love love vintage jewellery so I could definitely find some other use for it. I have this really beautiful yellow gold ring with green stones on it that my fiance bought for me from a vintage shop in London. It's from Sorrento, Italy and also from the 50's. I love it but I think it needs company, don't you? :)
3. I think it's no secret that I love H&M Home. And let's just say that after seeing this picture my feelings have grown even stronger. They just seem to know exactly what I want in my house and deliver it at such a nice price. There are certain blogs that I read daily plus I love to look at the pictures from bloggers homes on www.stylizimo.com and it seems I'm not the only one enamoured with the Swedish brand. If only I had that kind of open shelving...




4. I'm looking forward to Easter already because I saw these amazing easter eggs in Jeanne D'Arc Living magazine. You can be sure I will be making these! And I think I'll do a little DIY on it in here as well.
5. Number five this week is about loved ones and friends as it is Valentine's Day on Tuesday. I love Valentine's Day as we got engaged two years ago on that very day. This year my fiance will be in London and for the first time we'll be spending Valentine's Day apart. *sob sob*
In Finland, Valentine's Day is more about friends than lovers and so I'm really happy that my best friend is coming over from England on Monday and staying for a week. So, I get to spend Valentine's Day with her. Yay!  





Well, this week's fab five is now done. A lot of pictures and a few chosen words. I hope that you will have a very lovely weekend and Happy Valentine's Day to you all!!!  

Comments

Popular Posts