Beauty trends 2013

I love make-up! I don't wear that much myself but I'm really into it. When I have more time I like to do some extra - a bright lip or a smokey eye. But as I wake up at 5.30 and leave the house at 5.50 that doesn't leave much time for make-up tricks.

My knowledge on make-up and application skills are rather good and I love to read up about the new trends. As the weather outside is not even close to spring (yes, there's more snow!), I thought I'd cheer you up with these make-up trends for the coming spring and summer. You can find more trends and further info here. All pictures are from Pinterest.

Let's start with matte, bright lips. This is one of the easiest trends and creates immediate drama. The one requirement: perfect (looking) skin. Cover any imperfections but don't hide your natural shine. As the lips are matte, your skin shouldn't be. This looks especially good with tanned skin. Eyes should be kept simple to let the lips take centre stage. Try bright pinks, oranges and even purple.


Pantone's Colour Of The Year is emerald green and that means we'll see emerald in everything - eyes, nails... So, with this trend as long as you pick the right shade of green you're already doing it! Easy!


Thin brows are old news so put down your tweezers. Jessica Alba was pictured in Paris with gorgeous full brows. They will frame your face beautifully so now is the time to start growing them. This is definitely one of my favourite trends! 


This is not a new trend but it is a growing one. A lot of girls that I work with already have lash extensions and to be fair, I'd love to have them too. My lashes are poker straight so extensions would give them some volume and curves. The only downside - maintenance and cost. But if you can afford it, go for it.


Blunt bangs were all over the runways last autumn and they're continuing their success. This is a quick way to update your hair but will dramatically change your look. Make sure to consult your hairdresser so that they can tailor it to suit your face shape. Unfortunately, not everyone can pull off strong bangs like these.


Comments

  1. Heips! <3 Blogissani on sinulle haaste. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon. Huh! Palaan asiaan viikonloppuna, kun on enemmän aikaa. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts