This week I love...

... the fact that it's March!!!! I can't quite believe. February just whizzed by and now it's officially spring. And it's even starting to look like spring outside - the snow is melting, sun is shining and you can see little patches of green. To top off this month there are a lot of nice things happening. My best friend is moving back from England, there are a few craft fairs, Women's Day is this month and of course, Easter.

So, I thought I'd start off the month with Easter inspired ideas from cards, to wreaths and of course flowers.

1. I ♥ Easter eggs
I love decorating Easter eggs and I started collecting inspiration for this a while back. Here are some I made last year, followed by ones I would like to make this year. The ones I made are styrofoam, covered with napkin and decoupage glue. They're decorated with organza ribbon and matching feathers that I attached with jewelled pins.

This year I definitely want to make the ones with the text. So cool!! 

I made these

Pinterest

Pinterest
2. I ♥ Easter flowers
Easter is all about flowers - muscari, tulips and even hyacinths go these days. Here are some of my favourites.

Pinterest

Kikan Kukka ja Lahja


Last year's Easter flowers from my aunt
 3. I ♥ DIY
How about putting this cute bunny tag onto Easter flowers that you take to a friend's house? Or hanging lots of these onto some branches? I think they'd be cute either way. The tag is made of Fimo paste. After rolling it to about half a centimetre thick you can use anything round to cut it. The bunny is probably easiest to make with a bunny cookie cutter or something similar. The text is done with a stamp, just leave out the ink. A straw is good for making the little hole where you can put a ribbon of your choice. Easy peasy!

Pinterest
4. I ♥ this house
It is an interior blog after all so I'll include one inspirational apartment among all this Easter stuff. Normally, all of the apartments here are in Sweden but today I'm going to show you this amazing FINNISH apartment. For more info, click here.






5. I ♥ these Easter wreaths
If your lucky enough to have a proper front door, I mean not inside a block of houses but a proper door outside how about trying a wreath with flowers on it. You can also bring a little bit of green inside with the other gorgeous wreath with green leaves. 

Pinterest

Pinterest

That's it for this week. Time to unwind, relax and enjoy the weekend. There's a craft fair tomorrow, Käden Taito-messut in Wanha Satama, Helsinki, if you're interested. And another one next weekend, Helmiplaneetta ja Leimailutaivas in Masala. I'm going to that one. It's the best - beads, everything you need for jewellery making, stamps, papers and above all, lots of ideas! So, maybe I'll see you there.

Comments

Popular Posts