This week I love...

...having Friday off! A three day weekend is so lovely. In fact, I'd love to have Friday off every week. Imagine how much more you could get done if you had more time added onto your weekend... I've been a bit wasteful already and took a three hour nap in the middle of the afternoon. Missed the lovely sunshine when I could have taken pictures of the house etc. Well, I'm hoping I'll get a chance to do that tomorrow then. I have big plans (again!), let's see how much of it I will actually accomplish. Ha hah!! My first task though is to show you my favourites from this week. So, here goes...

1. I ♥ Nordal
The lovely people at the Danish interior brand Nordal have released some images from their autumn/winter 2013 collection. And I think I speak for quite a few of us when I say that they are lovely!!! I especially love those vases(?) on the top shelf of the cabinet in the first picture. Oh, and the glass boxes where they've put plants in the third picture - WANT!!!! Anything grabbing your attention?!






2. I ♥ this apartment
Another beauty from across the border. I am in love with that living room and more specifically that long table. AMAZING!!! I also love the soft colours, the brown glass bottles (where have I put all of mine...), the little study and the open shelving in the kitchen. I think I should see someone about this open shelving obsession. Ha hah!! So, once again, thank you Alvhem for this beauty. The rest of the pictures can be found here. Enjoy!










 
3. I ♥ making displays
I have somehow (magically) accumulated a lot of small decorative items as well as candle holders, plants etc. and I really love displaying them by grouping them together. Creating displays is a lot of fun but I wish I was a bit more adventurous when making them. Mine seem to always be quite "safe" and I wish that I'd know how to combine different textures, prints and sizes a bit better. Maybe that's something I can work on this autumn. I'll keep you posted on my progress...

Due to my love for displays I have them all over the house - on the sofa table, on the bedroom side table, on the shelves of the TV unit and on the dining table where I took these snaps from. I used a deer horn that I got last year, some pine cones and chestnuts that I also had saved up from last Christmas and then added some of my new Kastehelmi candle holders. Very safe but that's the way, aha, aha, I like it. :)



4. I ♥ Kim Kardashian
She's one of the most famous women in the world yet whenever I bring her up in conversations with my friends, most of them have no idea who she is. I guess I can forgive my friends for that as it's often being said that she's only really famous for being famous and the reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians is not shown in Finland. But she's dating rapper Kanye West, so surely you should know who she is, at least by now?! Ha hah!

Well, I know her and I am in love with her style, body, hair and make-up. She was recently snapped in Paris in this casual but very trendy denim on denim outfit that was topped off with a gorgeous pink Celine coat and YSL heels. *swoon* Since giving birth to her baby daughter in June she's been working on getting her figure back and stepped back into the public eye less than a month ago having dyed her dark hair blonde and I loooove it! Her make-up is, as always, flawless.



5. I ♥ tiles
My favourite tile, the subway tile, has a contender and it's this geometric beauty. The picture if from a coffee shop opened last winter and you can find the rest of the pictures here. Unfortunately, it didn't say in the article where the tiles were from so I will have to just keep my eyes open in case I ever see these. I think these would be so beautiful in the bathroom. And I love the brown bottles (yes, again!) and the hydrangeas.

That's it for this week. Now I'm off to enjoying the weekend!! Hope you have a great one too!!


Comments

Popular Posts