This week I love...

Wow, it's been sooo busy at work today. You can definitely start seeing the people coming over to do their Christmas shopping. The shop was packed! So, I was quite glad when I finally finished and got to leave to go home. Friday night... Good food, sauna, movie and just enjoying the time together with S. But first I need to get this blog post done.

So, without further delays, let's get cracking...

1. This week's number one is my favourite ladies from last night's Linnan Juhlat - the annual Independence Day Ball hosted by the president. The most popular colour for the evening was blue and its various shades from baby blue to dark navy. Very fittting for the Finnish Independence Day. However, my favourite wore red. As did quite a few of my other favourites too. So, my top three ladies in red:

Maria Ylipää

 
Jaana Pelkonen

 
Sofia Vikman

 
2. The time to wrap presents is nearing fast and not only am I panicking about presents I'm going to buy but also on how to wrap them so they'll look their most prettiest. For that I absolutely love brown paper. Just good old simple brown paper.
 
It is the perfect background to so many amazing looks. I picked some of my favourites from my Christmas and Scrap, Wrap and Go boards on Pinterest. These gifts are anything but boring despite the brown paper. In the pictures the brown paper has been stamped, drawn on, adorned with glittery and stripey bows and doesn't it look fab?!
 
 
3. There is something that I've been wanting to learn how to do for a while now... It involves old spoons and something else which I don't know what it is yet. I'm sure you've seen these awesome little spoons with texts and possibly the other spoon related product - jewellery.

I'm really interested in the text part but haven't been able to figure out how to do it. So, if anyone knows, let me know!!!! I guess this is this week's DIY part except you need to tell me how to DIY it. :)


4. In quite a few blogs, you've recently been able to see pictures from artist Ylva Skarp's home. It's amazing but what's more amazing is her art. As a massive calligraphy fan I love all her writings and now I've seen her Christmas cards. I'm not sure if you can actually buy these as they were sent from Ylva to Frida, who runs Trendenser.se. But they are amazing nevertheless. Don't you agree? I soooo want to learn to write like that...


5. And a quick reminder at the end... I went last year and loved the atmosphere so will be going again this year... Plus they had the spoon jewellery on sale last year so maybe I can find out something more about it.

Lohjan Joulumarkkinat - Christmas Fair in Lohja
15.-16.12.2012
For more info, click here.

HAVE A FABULOUS AND SNOWY WEEKEND!!!

Comments

Popular Posts