This week I love...

... the New Year. This is my last Friday post of 2012 and next Friday we'll already be living 2013. Wow! The year has gone past so fast I feel like I don't remember half of it. If I do remember correctly... this year included a transfer at work to a bigger store which meant an increased work load but also a lovely new team. Lots of lonely nights and long phone calls until finally in November I got my fiance here - the best moment of the year! I attended two weddings, met one new baby and spent so many wonderful moments with my friends and family. It was a good year, not amazing but not bad either. I wonder what the New Year will bring...

Instead of looking back to my favourite moments, trends, ideas etc. I'm going to look forward to 2013 and tell you about the new interior trends. I've been doing my research - reading the new magazines, browsing the Internet and have come up with five favourites.

1. African influences - The prints, textures and materials of Africa will be seen in interiors around the world. Especially the sandy tones and natural materials will be popular.

 
2. Yellow - the it colour next year will be yellow. Bright, sunflower yellow. This can be seen for example in the H&M Home spring collection. Mix it with black and neutrals to add a pop of colour to your home.
 
 
3. Brass - the next metal to become your new favourite will be brass. Alongside copper they will challenge silver and will provide a nice change as well.
 
 
4. Florals and mixing patterns - Flower prints, especially ones with a traditional white background will be popular. Next year you're also supposed to mix patterns so pair your florals with stripes, polkadots or gingham.  

 
5. Embroidery, knitting and hand-craft - making things yourself or just generally having them made by hand will become increasingly popular. Knitting is already very popular but will no doubt gain more fans. Time to get those knitting needles out and get in on the trend!

 
Have a great weekend and fabulous start to the new, exciting year ahead!!
 

Comments

  1. Kiitos hyvistä vinkeistä. Erityisen ihana tuo paksu virkattu matto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olepa hyvä. Joo, noi matot on todella kauniita. Itse haluaisin sellaisen mustan pitsisen. Pitänee ottaa puikot kauniiseen käteen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts