Have a colourful summer!

When the summer comes I try, and I mean I really try, to wear less black and bring some more colour into my wardrobe. Now, for someone like me, who wears black most of the time, it's not always easy. In fact, I often end up wearing a black outfit and then just put on a colourful scarf and justify it to myself as "wearing colour". Does this happen to you as well?

I mean I love colour, just not on me. I really admire people who, day after day, wear the most beautiful and colourful clothing. On those occasions when I manage to leave my black home, I like to wear pink, mint green or bright blue. I also love coral and yellow but don't really have much of those colours in my wardrobe.
However, I do have some accessories in those colours too.

I find that the easiest way to do colour is with nail polish. Now, these I do have in various colours. Ha hah! Also, as I make jewellery, I like to use bright colours every now and then. Just recently I've made a bright pink fresh water pearl bracelet and a vivid green glass bead bracelet. Accessories are also a great way to brighten up an otherwise neutral outfit. Next time you're wearing your jeans and a dark top try a pair of bright shoes or pair a printed clutch bag with your trusty LBD.

I made some inspirational and very colourful (!) moodboards from pictures I have on my Pinterest boards to help you (and me) bring some colour into your summer wardrobe.

Which colour is your favourite?

CORAL/ORANGE


GREEN


BLUE


PINK


RED


Have a fab week and enjoy the sun!!

Comments

Popular Posts