This week I love...

It's the 1 of June. Summer is now officially here... I love this time of year and I love the Finnish nature. I was just walking home from the bus and as I was walking along the path I could actually smell lily of the valley's (= kielo) beautiful scent coming from nearby. So, obviously I stopped and picked a bunch so that my home would smell as nice. :)

I guess we take it for granted that they grow wild in here but in many countries you have to grow them or buy them to be able to enjoy this stunning little flower.

Another one of my favourites is lilacs (= syreeni). They too, smell divine and I love the various shades of lilac and purple that they come in. 

Now, let's have a look at this week's favourites...

1. Even though Pinterest is working hard to make me forget about buying magazines I still find that often it's magazines that give you some of the best inspiration. I bought the English Ideal Home magazine which had a beautiful pastel coloured cover. Perfect for what I had in mind...

I had some peonies and I already had a pale blue denim pillow on the sofa. I just added some bits and pieces I already had in the house and this is what it ended up looking like.

First, here was the inspiration. I just wish I would've had some yellow as well.





2. At number two is some good news I read from the Mosa Interiors blog. All of you lucky people living outside the greater Helsinki area... Mosa Interiors is soon opening an online shop and you will all be able to enjoy their amazing selection of interior products, jewellery, gardening products etc. Even I'm excited and I live relatively close to the store. :)

You can read about my latest visit to Mosa from here. And check out Mosa's blog for more info and updates on when the online shop will actually be up and running.

3. The lovely news in my circle of friends continue... After last week's wedding, now another one of my best friends is expecting a baby. I'm so happy for her! And to give her some inspiration, I thought I'd feature some of my favourite nurseries in today's post.

I have a Pinterest board of nurseries (which is where the pictures are from) as I hope that one day I will be needing that inspiration myself. But for now, here's to you, M, and to all of you who are planning to add to your families. Which one is your favourite?

I love the details of this nursery such as the branch where the clothes are hung.

A nursery for a baby girl with some beautiful vintage touches.

A beautiful and classic nursery. I think M would like this.

Really like the grey and yellow together. Works for both girls and boys.

4. Have you heard about, read or seen the name CaisaK somewhere? I think a lot of you have... I have only recently found her myself so can't really tell you much about her except that she lives in Finland, has a super popular blog, her pictures are pinned all over Pinterest AND she has some great DIY ideas.

I saw this fantastic idea she'd had about decorating plates by writing onto them. I love it! The only limitation - you need to like your own handwriting. Now, I get compliments on my, how shall I say it, rather whimsical handwriting quite often but I'm really critical of it as well, so I'm not sure how I would feel about doing this myself.

But I do love the idea, so I might have to give it a go. So, all you need is:
  • some plates or cups, saucers, cans etc. will do just as fine 
  • a marker that's meant for porcelain
A fun way to personalise plates for your family or for a special dinner or party!


5. Just a quick reminder at the end... Today is the launch date of Ikea's Kollektion Blå (The Blue Collection). I wrote about it a few weeks ago. You can read that blog post here.

It's basically a designer collection in Ikea and it's all about various shades of blue. The lucky countries getting this collection include Australia, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, The Netherlands and Spain. It's very ethnic inspired and would look awesome in a patio or terrace. I'm going to check it out next Monday. I've made a long shopping list based on the pictures I've seen so let's hope it's as nice as it looks.
That's all for this week, hope you will have a lovely weekend, despite the rain.

Comments

Popular Posts