This week I love...

... everything! For some reason I woke up this morning and I was really happy. I was sure I was going to be really tired as I stayed up to watch True Blood but instead I felt really fresh, well rested and I was on a great mood. And it hasn't stopped yet. Maybe that's the Eric Northman effect. Ha hah!

This week has gone by so quickly. And this means that my summer holiday is getting closer. Only three more weeks of work and then it'll be time for the summer cottage for me. My parents have ordered a little guest cottage to get more sleeping space and it'll arrive on my first week of holiday so a nice project there to keep me busy. You can bet, I already have a mood board about the decoration started up. Even though the place for the cottage hasn't even been dug up properly.

Well, onwards with this week's favourites. First up is something I have been raving about for the past month at least...

1. The Finnish nature is something I have missed during my time abroad. This time of the year is so beautiful. All the flowers are in bloom and everywhere looks colourful and summery.
My favourite flowers are lily of the valley and lilacs. They both smell soooo good. I have some lilacs in the house at the moment and their scent fills the whole house. So lovely!

There's also some beautiful jasmine bushes outside that are at their most beautiful right now. I really like the picture below that I took the other day just after it had rained. I'm probably one of the few bloggers who doesn't have a proper camera, just my Nokia N8 so I'm especially proud when I get shots like that.
And lupins look stunning as well. There's white ones, pink ones and the traditional blue and purple ones.

2. You'll be happy to hear that I have finally gotten the shelves up on the wall that I have been talking about for so long. You know, the picture ledge ones. It took some persuasion but my dad finally got the drill out and helped me put them up. My mum was laughing throughout the process as we're both obsessed with doing everything with a spirit level. It is quite comic when the two of us do something like this. And yes, I'm worse. Everything needs to be straight, properly straight. But they're up now and I can stop going on and on and on and on about them.


And I bought a black frame for the map of Paris and it took pride of place in the middle of the new shelf. I talk about one shelf but as you can see it's really made up of two separate ones. And as the map is up there, I obviously had to add some other bits and pieces and a card that I made with the Eiffel Tower as well as my little Eiffel statue were perfect companions to the map. I want to play around with the frames a bit more, I still have loads in a box but wanted to get a picture up here asap.  

 3. This week's inspirational pictures come from a, surprise, surprise, Swedish home that I found from Alvhem Mäkleri website. It has a calming neutral colour scheme and stunning details throughout as you can see in the picture series below.


I could browse these real estate sites for hours. The homes are beautiful, carefully decorated and the best part - you can steal all the best ideas and use them in your own home. And let's face it, everyone loves to know how other people live. Don't you agree?





4. I saw this cute idea on Pinterest on how to display cutlery either for everyday use or it's especially good if you're having a party. And it's super simple to do. All you need is a long tray and three jars. You can customise it to your taste by changing the materials.
I would personally use one of my silver trays and match it with empty jam jars, which would have to be identical, but that's just me. I might even tie ribbons around the necks of the jars for added effect. How would you display yours?


5. And a quick reminder at the end to everyone living in the Helsinki area... Hietalahti flea market is up and running again and it's a great place to spend a sunny Saturday morning. That's where you'll find me tomorrow morning. Why don't you come and join me?! Just don't buy anything from under my nose. Ha hah!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!! Let's hope it'll be sunny...

Comments

Popular Posts