This week I love...

Is there anything worse than having to ruin a perfectly good Friday by going to the dentist?! Well, I had to. But I think I recovered from it pretty well and now I'm sitting here, after the sauna, reading blogs and pinning away while listening to Matt Cardle. If you don't know who he is, time to YouTube him. Love his voice! Perfect Friday night chilling music.

I've started planning all kinds of parties, craft evenings, shopping trips etc. for the autumn. Very exciting. I want to have a pre-Christmas party/sale like I did last year, visit Adalmiinan Helmi, Loviisan Aitta etc. to get some Christmas inspiration, make jewellery and cards and go to different events coming up. I know I'm starting this awfully early... Have you got anything planned yet?!

Let's get to this week's fab five then...

1. I was doing my usual blog round today (Mrs Jones, Stylizimo, Esmeralda's etc.) and it seems that a lot of my favourite blogs are up for Gloria Blog Awards. Gloria magazine is doing these awards for the first time this year and the blogs up for awards are interior and food blogs. There are three categories for each type of blog. The best, the most beautiful and the one where you get to vote for your favourite - the readers favourite blog.

I came across so many amazing blogs! So, if you're on the lookout for a new favourite click on the pictures on the website for a list of the candidates and prepare to sit on your computer for a lot longer than you planned...


2. As I was trying to do a quick read through all of the blogs, I came across a fab new product. Well, it was new to me at least. It seems that the good old fashioned chalk has got competition... It's all about the chalk ink marker now. Obviously, I had to read more about it straight away and this is what I found out.

The marker (liitutussi) is like a normal marker pen so unlike a chalk, no mess and no stains. Just let it dry properly! In addition to using it on chalkboard, it also writes on glass, metal and plastic. To wash it off, simply use water. Perfect for notice boards, calendars etc. How amazing!!

You can order yours from Teippitarha along with your washi tapes. Just click here.

3. Let's have a look at this week's finds from across the sea. The websites of Swedish estate agencies are very popular with bloggers looking for inspirational homes to look at and to share with others and I'm no exception. Ha hah!

I found this gorgeous, light apartment with beautiful details from Stadshem's website. Some of it is a bit too colourful for me but in this one it's more the details and ideas that inspired me. I pinched a few photos to show you...

The living room is stunning!! I love that wallpaper, the amazing floor(!) and the collage of pictures above the sofa. And to top it all off, I actually have that black and white cushion on my own sofa too.


The kids room was really cute too and I especially like the old recycled bed. Did you also notice the diy butterfly poster made from Ikea's butterfly wall stickers?


4. Time for some girly talk and the 'fashion' part of this week's list. My prediction for this autumn's hot nail polish colour will be: navy blue. It was very popular in London last year so it should arrive to Finland soon. :) We're sometimes a bit behind on these things, I've noticed.

I absolutely love this colour! And the best one I've seen is this beautiful Estee Lauder polish 'Blue Blood'. What's your current favourite?!






5. Habitare fair is one of the events that I would like to attend this autumn. I went last year and it was so inspiring!! It's a furniture, interior and design fair. It'll be held in Helsingin Messukeskus on 12.-16.9.
I guess it's similar to Formex in Sweden, just a bit smaller. :) And it's open to the public whereas Formex is just for companies, shops, entrepreneurs etc. Put the dates in your diary now and I'll hopefully see you there...

Have a great weekend!! Let's hope it doesn't rain as the guest cottage needs to be painted. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular Posts