This week I love...

I can't remember the last time I was THIS excited about it being Friday. Work has been so busy and stressful this week that the weekend is a very welcome time to relax and re-charge those batteries. The store looks lovely now though so I guess it was worth it.

Luckily, I did have a little break on Tuesday when my mum and I attended Marimekko loyal customer evening in Sello shopping centre. The night included a showing of their A/W fashion show via video, little treats and drinks and you also got 10% off everything! Though I'm not a huge fan of Marimekko clothes I do like the bags (especially the new leather shoppers), fabrics and I saw some jersey sheets in a black and white stripe that I fell in love with. They did come in other colours as well but obviously the b/w colour combo was my favourite. :)

To continue with the love theme, this week's list will be literally about things, or people, that I love. I have found so many things this week that I absolutely adore so I thought, let this Friday posting finally live up to its name. Shall we have a look then?!

1. I ♥ Fjell wardrobe...

I was reading the new Maalaisunelma magazine and this gorgeous wardrobe jumped off the page and straight into my heart. It's Ikea's new FJELL wardrobe. I want it! No, I need it in my life!! It's so amazing! And the DIY possibilities are endless. Leave it, paint it, decorate it... In the picture below, from UK's Easy Living magazine, it's been left as it is and it looks gorgeous!

What would you do with it?


2. I ♥ Miroslava Duma...

I have always been interested in fashion. When I was little, I would draw clothes for my Barbies and my mum would make them. When I was a little older I applied for a fashion design school. I didn't get in but now I work in fashion in a different role, as a visual merchandiser, and love it.

In fashion there are always people that are looked up to - style icons, style crushes, trendsetters. And I have found a new one this week. Well, she's very well known so probably has been a style icon to many for a long time but I have only found her, properly, this week.

Miroslava Duma... She was an editor for Harper's Bazaar Russia. Nowadays, she is a freelance writer and writes for several different magazines including Tatler, Russian Glamour etc. She is the street style photographers' favourite and her pint size frame looks great in the cute and quirky looks she wears.

And how have I noticed her now? Initially, through Pinterest, of course. I've pinned her pictures without knowing who she was and then I started seeing her name mentioned in the descriptions. And I've also seen her mentioned in a lot of fashion magazines, even Finnish ones (I know, that is a surprise!). So, I wanted to know more about her, did a bit of research via Google and found out that she's beautiful, has gorgeous hair and a fab style. And she wears scarfs, headbands etc. SO WELL! Inspiring for a fan of headpieces like me!

Here are some of my favourite outfits. And the pictures happen to show off her amazing hair as well. Pictures from Le21éme blog, Soon Maternity blog, Pinterest and Google.


3. I ♥ fresh sheets

I love the smell and feel of clean, fresh sheets. I just changed the sheets and I can't wait to go to bed tonigh. It's heaven! But I didn't want to talk about my household chores now. :) As I mentioned at the beginning I saw some Marimekko jersey sheets at their event. Unfortunately, they didn't have a set on display so I couldn't test the quality but I'm pretty sure that they are rather nice.

But will they be able to rival the famous Beach House jersey sheets? They are the most famous jersey sheets around and almost everyone has heard of them. And from what I've read in different blogs, they are superb! However, they are a bit pricey for my budget...

Luckily, Hemtex has come to my rescue and have made their own jersey sheets. In a much more affordable price range as well. I did dream of owning Beach House sheets but I think I'll settle for the Hemtex ones. If you have any of these three, or maybe ones that I don't know about, I'd love to hear about it.



4.  I ♥ my new camera

And I haven't even got it yet! I have been thinking about buying a proper camera for a while now as I only have the camera on my Nokia phone. It is actually a good camera but I always feel a bit embarrassed when I ask to take pictures at a shop or event and then whip out my phone. It's not very "professional".

So, I called my friend who is into photography and asked for some pointers on what I should look for when choosing the camera etc. We chatted for a while and then she said she'd read a blog, Coco Sweet Dreams, where the girl had been talking about her cameras and that I might like them. So, I quickly looked up the blog and I was sold!

She had a WHITE Olympus Pen Lite E-PL3 and that soon became what I wanted as well. I started looking for it on the Internet and found a really good offer on Superkuva website. I couldn't contain myself so I put in an order and now I'm waiting for it to arrive...

5. I  Villa Harmonie

When I went to Tampere in the summer, one of the places I wanted to visit was Villa Harmonie. Unfortunately, they were just moving the premises that weekend so I didn't get to visit. However, all is not lost as they've now opened another store, here in Helsinki.

Villa Harmonie is an interior/lifestyle shop, founded in 2007 and also has an online boutique. It's style is relaxed and fresh with a pinch of Danish aesthetic. The selection includes GreenGate, Maileg, HouseDoctor, IB Laursen etc. Majority of the products come from Denmark but some come from Sweden and even Finland.

This gorgeous little shop is located in Ullanlinna and is open on Tue-Fri 11-18 and Sat 10-14. Definitely worth a visit!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Comments

Popular Posts