This week I love...

Friday, Friday, Friday... It's here!! My working week is at its end and I treated myself to some retail therapy after work. I went to check out the Missoni collection at Lindex. There was good stuff left (in Jumbo) and I was really, really tempted to buy a chunky cardigan but I resisted. The whole collection looked like real Missoni and it was still reasonably priced. I was quite impressed!

I also bought that memory card so now I'm ready to get snap happy. I've read the manual and I can take a picture now. Need to take some random snaps today around the house to get some practice.

Let's start this week's list with a more in depth look into my new camera, shall we...

1. I love my new camera so much that I'm going to do a proper introduction of it. :) I told you last week (here) how the buying decision came about but now I want to tell more about the camera and it's features. Hope this helps someone battling with the decision of which camera to buy...

My camera is the OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL3. In recent years, OLYMPUS PEN has created itself a name as a compact, retro style, easy to use system camera that produces very high quality pictures. The new PEN Lite does all that and more. It's got all the creative possibilities of a system camera and changeable objectives but isn't as complicated to use and considerably smaller in size and weight. That's good news for me as I'm not really a pro in this photography business. Yet. :)

A review by Digital Photography Review has listed its features and here are some of the main ones:

  • Updated 12MP Live MOS sensor
  • Clip-on flash (included)
  • Built-in autofocus illuminator light
  • Tilting LCD screen
  • Revised and expanded Art Filter mode (with quick preview option)
  • Available in four colours - black, white, silver and red










  • 2. Let's move on then... Up next, some crafting tips. There is an item, found in many kitchens that works beautifully in card making and wrapping presents. The good old doily (=kakkupaperi). It's the white paper base for a cake with gorgeous lace decorated edges. I´ve been collecting some ideas on my Pinterest board on how to use them and I thought I'd share a few with you...

    You  know, Christmas is only around the corner and there will be a lot of presents to wrap and cards to send. I've tried this already with cards as I made some last Easter using the doily and they turned up great. And I'll definitely be using them this Christmas when I wrap presents for my family and friends.

    Have you used them before?

     
    3. I think I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of branches. If you come to my house at any time of the year, you're bound to find some branches. Most often they're in a vase - apple tree branches have been a recent favourite. But this time I'm talking about a whole new kind of branch display...
     
    Even though my mum always laughs at my branches, it seems I'm not alone with this. It's becoming more and more popular to pick a branch from outside and use it as part of the decor - most often to display clothes, jewellery or decorative items.
     
    As I've not tried this yet, I've had to make do with a selection of pictures from Pinterest. However, you can check Esmeralda's blog as she's recently done this in her home and it looks GREAT. I can't wait to try this...
     



    4. I'm obsessed with fonts. I love it when Pinterest users make lists of their favourite fonts. Then I can just pick the ones I like and download them on my computer. The Internet is FULL of free fonts that anyone can download and ta-daa Word documents look much nicer. 
    Getting different fonts is also really handy if your making cards, scrapbooking or doing something similar which are obviously the main things that I use them for.
     
    These five are my current favourites. I've put links below if you want to download any of them.
     
     
    Contribute {click here}Some Weatz {click here}Sketch Nothing {click here}Scriptina {click here} Riesling {click here}
     
    More fonts can easily be found on the Internet. Just type in free font on the search box. All of my favourites and loads more can be downloaded from DaFont.
     
    5. It's time for the last one... I thought I'd tell you (or is it remind you?) of a few upcoming events... They're both organised by Sinelli - the craft store. I go there every now and then but usually, around Christmas I become a frequent visitor as I need to buy supplies for cards and presents - beads, stamps, ribbons, paper etc. If you're like me, there are two events coming up that you should pu in your diaries.
     
    Joulun Avaus ja käsityöläismarkkinat (Start of Christmas and crafters' fair)
    Saturday 6 October
    All day
    @ Sinelli, Varisto
     
    Askartelukirppis (Craft fleamarket)
    Saturday 20 October
    10-14
    @ Sinelli, Varisto
     
    That's it for this week. I'll be back next week with some new favourites. Have a great weekend!!! I'll be celebrating some name days in the family and taking lots and lots of photos. :)

    Comments

    Popular Posts