This week I love...

IT IS FRIDAY!! Yay! Yet another busy week at work is behind me so I'm happy that it's finally the weekend. Time to relax and chill out... Or, in my case, time to go to the summer cottage to work on the new guest cabin. Oh yes, no rest for me. Instead, I'll be finishing the floor, painting and who knows what else. That sounds a bit overly dramatic. Ha hah! I'll still have Sunday for chilling out.

And of course tonight. I'm going out for dinner with my friends and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to wear my new wedge heels and I've painted my nails so I'm ready. I just wish I'd bought the matte top coat nailpolish. It's so cool and makes ANY polish matte. Have you tried it yet?

Right, before I head out it's time to have a look at this week's favourites...

1. I've had the same wreath hanging on my door for a while now. That's not like me as I really like to change it according to seasons and/or events. But yet I've had the same look all summer. It's time to change that.

When I saw this super cute heart on Pinterest I knew that it would be the thing that I want to do next. I'll just put the wreath in a box for a while and hang this dainty heart on my door. I already saw some of these berries the other day but didn't pick them as they were on someone else's yard. Must try to find them somewhere else this weekend.

I guess you could use some other berries as well but I really like these ones. Now all I'll need is to get some berries, buy some wire that I'll shape to a heart and then start putting the berries in.






2. I want to do something with my hair... Not just want but also NEED to do something with my hair as my roots are getting too visible. Normally, around this time of year I like to dye my hair a bit darker. It's pretty much the same as at the beginning of summer I normally cut my hair. Traditions. :)

I've had light brown hair this summer. Lighter than it's been in years so I'm a bit reluctant to dye it but then I see people with fab chocolate brown tresses and then I really want to do it again. My hair has also grown a lot over the summer so I don't know if I should cut it as well. Oh, decisions, decisions...

Are you planning on doing something with your hair for the autumn?! Here's some inspiration pictures for you... and for me. They're from my Pinterest board Hair Inspiration and Ideas. At the moment the last picture (Sara La Fountain) is my favourite - cut and colour. We'll see what I end up with. :)


3. There is one thing that is becoming noticeably popular - crocheting. More specifically crocheting of these round lace rugs. You've seen them, right? They seem to be a staple in every white, rustic, romantic home. But they are becoming very popular in other kinds of homes too... Country, modern, old and new.

I saw them at every market and fair I went to this summer. There was always someone who had made them and was now selling them. The prices varied A LOT so if you're looking for one, look around and compare prices.

And it seems that everyone is making them! Including my mum (of course!) and my friend, R, as well. You can find instructions on how to make them from the Internet. My friend has been telling me that I should start doing it too. I haven't jumped onto that bandwagon yet but I have a feeling I might do soon. Ha hah!




4. I love looking at pictures from other people's homes (isn't that kind of the whole point of blogging?) and like to include a different home in here (almost) every week. This beautiful apartment is in Sweden (where else?), it has two bedrooms and some really fab furniture like the rustic coffee table, the small blue table and the kitchen table and chairs. The floor is absolutely beautiful and I love the exposed beams. If you're interested or just want to see the rest of the pictures, you can find it here.

Let's call it this week's inspirational home, shall we. Pictures, please.




5. Only one more thing left... And this week instead of an event to attend (although, don't forget Habitare fair!) I'm going to make number five this gorgeous sticky paper tape.

I love crafts and pretty soon I'll be making lots of cards and wrapping lots of presents and this tape would be awesome! If you like it too, you can buy it here.

That's it for this week. Have a great weekend!!






Comments

Popular Posts