This week I love...

TGIF!! I mean, really, thank god it's Friday. Finally!! After far too many hours at work I can now start relaxing. For me that means a nice dinner (no wine or beer for me, thanks), listening to BBC Radio 1 Xtra and the best part - sitting down to check out amazing blogs and now, starting to write about my favourites of the week.

I promise I'll include colourful pictures this week. It seems in the past couple of weeks all of the pictures have been black and white. Not by choice, it's just kind of happened. :)

On the weekend, I'll be spray painting some small hanging metal baskets, continuing my summer project,  properly cleaning the house, making some bracelets and what else... well, working on a plan on how to get more readers and more visibility for my blog. :) You can help by telling your friends about me. I'd really appreciate it.

1. That kind of leads me to this week's number one... Have you heard about Inspiration?! It's a brand new blog portal that will house 300 (!!!) amazing blogs - covering fashion, beauty, interiors, food and lifestyle.
It's a new kind of service that shows you the latest updates of the blogs and will make it easier for you to quickly spot the most interesting posts from a stream of pictures. I know a few bloggers whose blogs will be featured among the 300 and wish that one day I could be included in something like this. Fingers crossed.

I applied to become a VIP member and got the passwords this week. As a VIP you get a sneak peek before it launches soon. Anyone can apply and most applicants probably get accepted. If you're interested, apply here.

2. I was browsing the blogs at Inspiration earlier and noticed that there was a select bunch of bloggers who were as lucky as me. They are the owners of this stunning little play tent from the H&M All For Children collection. I wrote about it last week and on Thursday I called Jumbo and reserved mine. I picked it up today. And absolutely love it! I know it's a little bit crazy for a person with no children to get one but hopefully one day I will have some little ones that can play in the most gorgeous play tent I have ever seen in my life.

My mum said she totally understood why I wanted it... When I was little and we lived in a very small apartment for a while, I had been complaining about not having anywhere to play. My crawling little brother was always disturbing me and I really wanted my own space. So, she had made me "a tent" under a desk where I could play with my dolls. And as lovely as that sounds, obviously this tent is a huge upgrade from that. I might end up sitting in there myself. Ha hah! :)


3. I think I have confessed to my love of scarves before as well but as winter starts to get nearer and the weather is definitely getting colder I'm moving from my (very extensive collection of ) silk and cotton scarves onto big, chunky, knitted scarves. I've bought a few new ones this autumn and did already have quite a few so I have a lovely collection to keep me warm on the chilly days.

I picked some pictures of gorgeous, chunky scarves from my Pinterest board Accessories. Are you a fan?


4. I am really starting to looking forward to that holiday that's coming up soon that nobody quite wants to mention yet... You know, Chri... Pinterest has been hotting up with pictures being pinned for inspirational decor on the biggest holiday of the year. I thought I'd share with you some wintery pictures that you can do at home soon without going too far into the Chri... theme. Is there anyone else out there looking forward to it already? And R, I know you are, so you don't need to comment. :)

 
This year I will definitely, definitely get these branches!
 
 
I already have a little installation with moss and candles, built in a big lantern
 
 
Love the natural vibe that the tree brings
 
 
These twigs in vases are just beautiful!!
 
5. Is anyone going to the I LOVE ME event in Helsinki this weekend?! An event combining four different fairs - Fashion, Beauty, Gold Silver Watch and Health. The same ticket will get you in all of them. Now, that's a good deal. And sounds really interesting. It started today and will continue tomorrow and on Sunday. I'm really tempted to go...

 
There will be fashion shows including wedding and party season fashion. For anyone planning a wedding there will also be a separate wedding area. That sounds particularly interesting. Not that I'm actively planning a wedding but being engaged it is in the near future.
 
Make-up artists, manicurists, stylists and designers will be at the event to tell you everything you need to know about the upcoming trends, favourite products and much more. There will be special offers, advice and lots of information available about all four subjects.
 
I've also read somewhere that there is a Bloggers Lounge somewhere in the fashion fair and that sounds very interesting, indeed. ;)   
 
The I love me is in Helsingin Messukeskus (Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre) 19.-21.10. Tickets are 15€.
 
Enjoy your weekends, darlings! I'll be heading to the sauna now. Can't think of a better way to properly relax...







Comments

Popular Posts