This week I love...

This Friday was just that little bit special as this morning the first snow of the year came down. Slowly, in tiny flakes, it floated down early as I was heading to work. It was quiet and almost beautiful.
Northern Finland had already had its first snow but today it reached us too and with a slighty chilly -2°C, it certainly hit home that we're definitely heading towards winter. No autumn for us anymore. I took a slightly grainy, dark picture in the morning. The first snow... Far too early, if you ask me. I could've easily waited until December for this.


Back to business then, the snow has nearly melted so it's time to move on. Ha hah! I finished work early today, apparently I've been working a few too many hours. *Oops* So, anyway today I finally got to bring home my latest find. Easier to bring home than drag it through rush hour. Let this be my number one this week...

1. What shall I call this? I guess it's a spotlight. However, it is an old window prop so it doesn't have any electrics connected onto it. So, it's not really a light fixture just something cool to look at. Unless, my electrician dad can fix it... It's still under debate whether he'll even want to try. I'm trying to be very persuasive. :)

I've seen these in various places - in photos styled by Lotta Agaton as well as in the new hotel, Scandic Paasi, in Helsinki. At the moment, it's standing in the corner of the living room, waiting to find a proper place. Wherever that may be...



2. One sign of the nearing Christmas time is the magazines. A quick glance to the magazine rack while you're doing your food shopping quickly reveals at least half a dozen Christmas themed covers from your favourite interior magazines. Have you already bought some?! I'm a big lover of the Christmas time so I am also a fan of these magazines. And to be honest I prefer to get all the info and ideas as early as possible.

So, today, while in the shop, I couldn't resist... I picked up the Swedish magazine Allt i Hemmet's Christmas special issue. The cover wasn't much but the inside was filled with stuff that I want, need and must have! I fell in love with these fabric Christmas decorations from Ferm Living. They had them in the shape of a bird and a pine cone. So cute!

And some really nice gift tags from House Doctor, also with a nature theme. Now, all I need to do is find out where I can buy Ferm Living and/or House Doctor in Finland. Answers to that would be greatly appreciated. :)


3. As with the magazines, there's another sign of the Christmas time approaching - the Christmas parties or pikkujoulut, as they're called in Finnish. Offices, shops and other workplaces organise parties for the staff and it's probably the most anticipated event of the year.

I wanted to help you, and myself, survive the party season so I'm going to feature a different aspect of creating the party look each week. I'm going to cover the dress, the hair, the make-up and the accessories.

I'm starting this week with make-up. It's something that can be used already, even before the party season has really begun. I've chosen a few gorgeous combinations of eyes and nails that I think would look great together. I tried to choose a varied selection from demure to bold so hope that everyone finds something...
All the pics can be found from my Pinterest board - Make-up, Nails and Beauty Tips.

Neutral coloured smokey eye with Essie Don't Sweater It nail polish

The quintessential party look - sparkly eyes with Estee Lauder Blue Blood nail polish

Beautiful pink and shimmery eyes with O.P.I. Black Cherry Chutney nail polish
 
Stunning Kim Kardashian style va-va-voom lashes with O.P.I. All Lacquered Up nail polish
4. This week's inspiring home comes courtesy of, you know it, Alvhem Mäkleri - the Swedish estate agency with the most perfect pictures of the homes their selling. They're just so captivating, light and show only the best side of every room. To see all the pictures, click here. With this particular home, I fell for the kitchen tiles, rustic flooring and the mandarin tree. What are your favourite details?





5. How about we finish this week with a quick and easy DIY... I saw this picture on the endless treasure trove, Pinterest and immediately thought about gift wrapping using these. Maybe I could stamp on the recipient's name, a quote or wish happy birthday. Put the present in a beautiful paper bag and close it with this. How cute would that be?!

So, easy to do. All you need is three things - a pack of wooden pegs, stamps and ink. Then all you have to do is get creative!!

 
Have a lovely, creative, fun and inspiring weekend!!!

Comments

  1. Kivoja tykkäämiskohteita! Pyykkipojat teksteillä vien muistiini.

    Olipas mukava moikata - joskin vähän pikaisesti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo, oli tosi kiva nähdä ihan livenä. :) Aikamoinen hulina oli päällä. Ihana tapahtuma!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts