This week I love...

It's Friday, I had today off and what have I done?! Absolutely nothing!!! Well, I did manage to get to my dentist's appointment this morning but after that I've been on the computer all day. Doing what? Preparing this blog post, reading other blogs, pinning on Pinterest... All kinds of very important things, as you can see. :)

I was going to paint today but I haven't even picked up the brush yet. Maybe later... I think I should just start counting down the list.

1. I went to Ikea yesterday and after buying some more candles (how much can one person need?!) I came home and found these really cute Ikea Christmas ideas on this blog. I picked a few of my favourites to share with you...







2. Last Christmas my mum presented me with this idea. Buy standard match boxes and then decorate them and give them out as gifts. I haven't met a person who doesn't like candles and who wouldn't love a candle or two and a beautiful box of matches. You could even decorate the candle to go with the matches.

So, with this idea in mind, I made some printable covers that can be further decorated with gold pen, stickers etc. I chose quite neutral pictures so they could be used all year round. All you need to do is re-size the picture in Word (or similar) so it's the size of the match box and start printing away.




3. Last week I told you that I was going to give you Christmas party tips on hair, make-up, dress and accessories for the next few weeks and this week, I'm doing hair. I tried to include all lengths from very short to unfairly long and chose mostly easy hair dos but also a few more difficult ones. There's also a tool box in the end that will come in handy when trying to re-create the looks. I won't be giving you detailed instructions on how to achieve each do but will try to give you as much advice as I can.

Actresses Ginnifer Goodwin and Halle Berry have the best short hair in the business. A great cut is essential to it looking fab but a right product will also make a difference. Try wax or gel, depending on the desired result. Just remember to pair your short hair with perfect skin.

All lengths can do texture but it looks especially amazing on short to mid-length hair. Curl your hair to get Keira's beautiful curls or sleep with plaited hair for Cheryl's messy do. Add salt spray for support and yes, it's supposed to look a bit rock chick. 

For this kind of sleekness you will need to start with a shampoo and conditioner that will give your hair shine and silky feel. Protect your hair with heat spray and straighten the hair. To get Rose Byrne's super shine finish with a product that'll give you shine - a serum or a spray.

This is one of the trendiest hair styles of the moment - the fishtail plait. It's really easy to do and will only continue to get better as the evening progresses. I wrote about this a few weeks ago and included a great tutorial video. Click here to see it.

A ponytail can be red carpet worthy is done correctly. Blowdry your hair and tie it into a ponytail leaving one strand out of it. Tie the ponytail with a clear tie and wrap the strand around it. Secure it with kirby grips and finish with shine spray.

I'm not even going to pretend that I can advise you on how to achieve a hair style like this. All I can say is grab a friend, buy one of those hair doughnuts (seen in the tools picture below) and lots of pins. It's not as difficult as it looks! And is by far the most glamorous option. Just look at Jennifer Lopez in her gorgeous bun!


 4. This week's home inspiration comes from... yes, you guessed it, Sweden. Stadshem have got this beauty on sale and I certainly fell in love with it. I love the floors, the feature wallpaper behind the dining table, the white and bright overall look and the tiles in the kitchen and in the hallways. But are those really tiles on the hallway or a clever use of wallpaper?!?! I have a roll of something similar and I'm getting very inspired right about now...








5. Gosh! It's been quite Christmassy already. Let's get something totally different as the last one of this week... Indiedays has finally opened its new blog heaven - Inspiration. Have you had a look yet?! It's aaaaaaamazing, just make sure you have enough time as 300 blogs will tempt you hard and will take quite a while to get through. I have found a new favourite already and wanted to share it with you.

She's got herself a little piece of heaven is written by a lovely Finnish girl with an absolutely gorgeous home. Our tastes are clearly very similar and I am addicted to her blog now. To have a look, click here.

That's it for this week, I hope that you will have a great weekend!! Talk to you soon... xx

Comments

Popular Posts